36.

36.

The Unexpected Guest

-⁛-

Percy POV

I was having a terrible day. 

I took my chemo this morning and now I felt terrible. Not to mention there was currently a blizzard going on outside. 

"Percy?" Annabeth asked. 

I blinked. "Sorry, what?" 

"Did you even hear a word I said?" 

I shook my head sheepishly. "Sorry, can you repeat that?" 

Annabeth sighed, her golden ringlets falling in front of her face. I reached up and gently brushed it to the side with my hand. 

"I said, Silena slapped Thalia the other day," Annabeth repeated. 

My head jolted up. "What?" 

"Silena slapped Thalia," Annabeth repeated impatiently. 

"Why?" 

"Why what?" Thalia asked, sliding in beside Annabeth. 

Silena followed, sitting down beside me. 

It was currently lunch time, and I was staring at my food, dozing off. I really wanted to sleep. Is that normal? 

I hadn't taken my pills in a while. Should I do that soon? 

"Oh nothing," Annabeth waved her hand. "We were just taking about how Sil slapped you a few days ago." 

Thalia scowled and Silena turned red. 

"Why did you do it?" I asked her. 

Silena was quiet for a moment. "Thalia was being a butthole." 

I laughed weakly. "Isn't she always?" 

"She was being more than what she normally is." 

"Right. What did she do?" 

"She keeps holding something against you even though it happened like almost five years ago." 

Oh. That.

"She said you were annoying," Silena continued. "And you talk to much and you pretend like you're the king of the world. You go around dating every single girl. You date every single girl. And she said you deserve everything you're going through even though she doesn't know." 

"Why don't you tell me?" Thalia suggested. "Tell me what Poor Percy is going through. What would it be? You broke up with someone else? And you're dying of a broken heart?"

This time, Annabeth slapped Thalia. "That's enough, Thalia." 

Thalia look stunned. "Why-" 

"Shut up, Thalia," Annabeth snapped. "Don't talk about things you don't understand." 

Thalia stood up. "What? So now you can't even defend yourself?" Thalia asked me. "You need your girlfriend to do it for you? Let me guess, you roped Silena into it too?" 

I stood up as well. "No. I just don't want to waste my energy on a piece of garbage like you." 

"Who are you calling a piece of garbage? Have you seen how you look lately?" Thalia retorted. 

It was true, I was looking like a mess. I just didn't have the energy to pick something good to wear. So lately, I've been wearing hoodies, hoping I could hide underneath them. I still wore my leather jacket of course. And my white converses. However, my hair was always extremely messy. Normally I would try to brush through it or mess it up so it looks cool, but now it just looks like a piece of poop.