30.

30. 

The Scan

-⁛-

Percy POV

I was close to depressed again.

I had a MRI scan in the afternoon that I wasn't so pleased about. The scan would tell me whether or not my tumor shrunk, grew, or stayed the same.

Personally, I was rooting for the shrinking part.

The scan also determined my next chemo session. If the tumor grew, they would have to double the dose of the Chemo and I wasn't really happy about that.

"Percy! Time to go!" my mom called.

I sighed. I had debated if I should call Annabeth to be with me. But I didn't want to tell her about my cancer. Not yet.

We had grew closer to each other, I didn't know what we were.

Should I ask her out?

I was completely mesmerized when she started singing. I loved how she sang with passion and I loved her grey eyes.

I decided to ask Grover to come. I really couldn't be alone when I heard the news.

"Sup, bro," he greeted.

"Hey," I said, fidgeting with my jacket.

"Relax, bro. It'll be fine," he soothed.

I shook my head. "What makes you think that? All I've ever gotten was bad news. What makes today any different?"

"Uh, I'm feeling so offended right now, bro. I'm here. That's gotta count for something!" he said.

I laughed. "Sure, Grover."

"I heard you and Annabeth are besties now."

"I wouldn't say besties. We just do things together."

He shrugged. "You guys are going to get together soon."

I laughed. "Maybe, bro."

"Come on boys. Let's go!" my mom said. She tried to sound cheerful for me, but I knew it was breaking her.

How would it feel if you woke up in the middle of the night to find your son puking his guts out?

I sighed. "Let's go."

Silena was meeting us there.

I didn't think I should ask her because I knew she was going to freak out if there was bad news, but Grover convinced me, saying that I needed support.

"Hello, Percy," Dr. Solace said, as soon as we walked in.

"Hi," I mumbled.

"Let's get you ready, shall we?"

I nodded.

He made me go inside this box that had a ticking noise and the noise was so loud, it gave me a headache.

When he finally let me go, after what took like hours, he frowned, which was never a good news.

"Hey," Silena said. "Sorry I'm late. Charlie. wanted to spend time together."

I forced a smile. "No worries."

"Hey, man, what's going on? You look a little pale," Grover noticed.

I shook my head. "I'm sure it's nothing..."

He raised and eyebrow and Silena frowned.

"Percy," Silena started. "We're your friends. Trust us. Tell us what's bothering you."