28.

28. 

Science Partners

-⁛-

Annabeth POV

Gods, of course he would dump another girl. I mean, who does that? Only a complete player.

However, I did feel a little bad for him. He ran out of the cafeteria as soon as he finished his little speech.

"I told you he was a player!" Drew cackled. "It's all his fault!"

Then, the bell rang.

Ugh. I had Chemistry with Leo, Percy, Piper, Jason, and Calypso. That was going to be fun.

"Good afternoon, class! We are going to be doing science experiments! You get partners for this - and I'm picking!" the teacher said.

Everyone groaned.

"Alright, everyone's happy? Good! Piper and Jason, Leo and Calypso, Percy and Annabeth..."

I stopped listening. Of course I was with Percy. Percy, of all people.

Sure, I used to have a little crush on him, but that was like 3 months ago! I'm over him... I hope...

I looked at Percy who offered a tired smile.

I rolled my eyes.

"Get working people! We'll present them tomorrow!" Then, the teacher went back to her desk and started eating an apple.

"Hey Wise Girl," Percy whispered, sliding his chair closer to mine.

"Hi Seaweed Brain. What experiment are we doing?"

He shrugged. "Coke and Mentos? That seems like an easy one."

"That's so basic! We need something more interesting!"

"Ooh! I know! A volcano!"

"Everyone's going to do that!"

"But it's easy!" he complained.

"No! We need something that's very exciting!"

"Fine. Ummmm," Percy's eyebrows furrowed. He seemed to do that a lot when he was thinking.

It was kinda cute. Wait... what?

"Let me search some up," I said, pulling out my phone and searching 'exploding experiments for kids'.

"Hey!" Percy complained. "I am not a kid!"

I laughed. "Who said I was talking about you?"

"Who else? Would you call yourself a kid?"

"No. I guess it is you!" I said cheerfully.

I was feeling happy. I don't know why. Being with Percy just somehow made me feel happy.

He laughed. A beautiful, cool laugh. I loved it when he laughed. It just made everything 10 times bette- Why am I even thinking about this?

"What about... coke and mentos?!" Percy said. "It says it's good! See! It says... umm. Never mind, I don't want to read it."

I frowned. "Why not?"

"I... um... never mind. It's not important. Let's just choose something else. How about this one?"

He pointed to the one labeled 'Elephant Toothpaste'.

"Wouldn't that be too messy?"

He shrugged. "We can do it at my house. You wanna come over after school?"