Coffee Talks.

I Want You Around - Snoh Aalegra

We finally arrived home, you think I talk about woman a lot? You should hear Brie talking about how hot she thinks Tom Hiddleston is. He is an attractive man, and that accent? I get the hype.

All I want now is to go to sleep, it has been a long day. I got to meet my favorite actors, and the face that vanished from the Gala. I do my nightly routine then finally fall into a peaceful sleep...

I wake up to Brie screaming so I jump out of bed and run out in a hurry to see if she's okay, only to see her very excitedly hugging someone. "Are you okay?" I ask wondering who she's hugging.

"Y/n! Meet Aubrey, I worked with her on Scott Pilgrim vs The world. Aubrey this is my best friend Y/n." She happily introduces us. I just woke up so meeting someone new, especially someone this attractive, isn't my best moment.

"Nice to meet you Aubrey, I love Parks and Recs. Its my comfort show." I say with a nervous chuckle.

"Aren't you cute. What do you do?" She asks looking me up and down. Its very hard to tell what she is thinking.

"I own a bookstore downtown, which I actually need to get to. I hate to cut this short. It was really nice meeting you, hopefully we could talk some more sometime." I say with a slight smirk as I offer my hand to her.

She takes my hand and I bring it to my lips. When I look up at her, I can see the blush forming on her face. Brie rolls her eyes, having seen my moves so many times before. I leave them to catch up and head to my shop after finishing up my morning routine. Its a Wednesday so it shouldn't be too busy, gives me time to handle the smaller details. When I get in my employee says someone came in looking for me, she was currently around somewhere in the shop. I start walking back to my office when I spot a familiar person lost in a book.

"Hi there stranger, whatcha reading?" I say gently not wanting to startle her. She turns around with a big smile. "Hey you, your shop is so cute. Comfortable. I like it." She happily shared. "What book would you recommend for me?" She questioned putting the book she was holding back.

I contemplated the question, "Have you read 'It ends with us'?" She gave me a questioning look. "No, I don't think I have. Whats it about?" She asks. "True love and the obstacles it overcomes." I say while maintaining eye contact. I could get lost in these eyes. I helped her find the book while we talked about other books we enjoyed.

"I truly hope you enjoy the book, it had me in my feels." I say as I ring her up. "I'll trust you know what you're doing." She teases. "I was promised a really good coffee though."

The coffee shop was just next door so I told my employees where I'll be if they needed anything. I can't believe she remembered my invitation to coffee, let alone my actual bookstore. She continues to shock me. We order our coffees and sit at a table.

I learn a lot about her while we drink out coffees, she's from California as well, she went to NYU, she can cook, she gardens, she's just an amazing person. You can tell she genuinely cares about what she's talking about. I tell her Im also from California, I went to UCLA, I can cook as well, and my love for books stems from my moms love for books.

After some conversation I think of a question I've been wanting to ask emerald eyes. "I think I saw you at the Met Gala Saturday?" I utter nervously. "So that was you, when I saw you at the dinner you looked so familiar. You were with Brie right? How long have you two been together?" She inquires.

I almost spit my drink out. I then start laughing. She's looking at me so confused. "Im sorry, I didn't mean to offend you or assume." She tries to repair. "No, no people make that mistake often. Brie doesn't like woman like that, or at least that's what she told me. I do like woman but were not together. Don't worry you didn't overstep." I give her a reassuring smile.

I was just about to ask where she disappeared to the night of the Gala when her attention was caught. "Boyd?" She says confused. "Hey, sorry to interrupt girl time but I really need your help. Scarlett said you would be here." He pleads. She gives me an apologetic look, I give her a nod knowing its ok. She takes a pen out of her purse and writes something on the napkin before leaving with who I assume is her fiancé.

I look at the napkin and smile. "We should do this again sometime." With a smiley face and her number. Having her as a friend is something I can live with if that means I can have her light in my life. Fucking Emerald Eyes. Absolutely intoxicating.

A/n- Sorry this chapter is kinda shitty :/