Endgame.

Sparks - Coldplay

          Endgame Premiere. Brie convinced me to attend with her. It's been 5 years since I saw emerald eyes, I was hoping to avoid her at all costs.

         Let me give you a rundown of what you missed. I dated Aubrey for a little but then she starred in a movie with emerald eyes so I quickly shut that down. Brie dating Tom Hiddleston for a little but they just couldn't make it work so that was ended as well. Scarlett gave birth at the end of 2014, then got divorced in 2017, then engaged in 2019 to Colin Jost. Emerald eyes was currently dating Robbie. I opened another bookshop in New York so I now have two bookstores in my two favorite places. I think thats all, if I remember anything else along the way I will let you know. Back to the premiere.

          I stood to the side as usual watching my best friend get her picture taken. Im so proud of her, Capt Marvel is a badass. I spot Scar and Colin so I walk over to them. We've hung out with the couple a lot over the years but I've spent more time with them since I had a shop in NY and visited often. "Hey Colin and my baby mama." I teasingly say. He gives me a disapproving look. "Stop trying to steal my fiancée, Y/n." I laugh. "Im kidding, Im kidding. I love you two together." I say with a big smile. Scar laughs at our interaction and gives me a big hug. "Wheres Brie?" She looks around for the other blonde. I look back to where we were and she's waving me over. "She's over there." I point. We all walk over to her and she gives the couple big hugs. "Ready to go in?" Larson asks. I nod and we all walk in.

          Colin and I get champagne for our group while we wait in the lobby. As I turn around I see her walk in. Her eyes immediately find mine. I can't hold eye contact so I quickly turn my attention back to my group. We drink our champagne and talk, having a good time in each others company before the movie starts. I keep tabs on her the whole time we wait. I can see her sneaking glances at me every so often. Finally, they let us in for the movie. Luckily we all got sat together, unluckily emerald eyes and her date got sat in the row in front of us. "Are you okay?" Brie asks knowing I haven't seen her since she basically told me to fuck off. "Yeah, Im good." I give her a tight smile and squeeze her hand. "Im so proud of you." I say and she gives me a big smile and gives my hand a squeeze back. Before the movie starts I see him lean in and give her a kiss. My heart tightens. "Im gonna get some air before it starts." I whisper to Brie. "Want me to come with?" She asks. I shake my head and let her know Im okay.

          As I step outside I catch my breath. I enjoy the outside. I truly do love LA. I didn't think it would be so hard seeing her after all this time. Maybe it's because she's with him. You'd think I would've prepared for this better. I don't know what's worse, being reminded of the old feelings or being reminded of the rejection. Im lost deep in my thoughts when I hear the door open. "Larson, I told you I'm good. Go back insi-" I was stopped mid sentence as I turned around and saw that it was not my best friend that came to check on me.

"Hi, Y/n."