Awkward.

Dark Red - Steve Lacy

          Saturday in New York with my love. I look over at her, she looks so beautiful sleeping. The sun shining over her skin, her hair spread out on the pillow. As if she can sense me looking at her, she gently stretches as she blinks a couple of times to adjust her eyes to the light. I'm now looking into the eyes I fell in love with. I give her a soft smile. "Good morning, darling." I say softly to which she hums in response, cuddling up to my body. "Lets go, love. We gotta visit the shop then meet Scar for lunch."

After some cuddles, we get up and get ready. I plan to take her to a nice dinner tonight, then ask to make it official following dinner. We check on the shop, I meet with the staff and check on everything then let Scarlett know were on our way to the restaurant. She responds letting me know she's already there. I guess we're late.

We finally arrive to the place and walk in. I spot Scar at a table and start making my way over until I notice she's with someone else. Well this is gonna be fun. Florence is here. Scar usually invites Florence out when I visit but I haven't had the chance to tell her Lizzie and I are a thing so this is going to be awkward. Not too awkward, right? Florence and I haven't hooked up in months. We get to the table and we all greet each other, we start with small talk and Florence is a little flirty but I keep it friendly.

"...and then Y/n spilled her drink, slipped on her spill, got up and continued dancing like nothing happened." Florence laughs while telling a story from when we were at a club. The whole table is laughing. "I didn't know you were so wild." Lizzie says to me. "Y/n is very wild." Pugh says with a small smile on her face as she takes a sip of her drink. I look at Lizzie and see it register to her. She put it together. I then look at Scar, who noticed us exchanging looks and realize she probably also put it together. The only one out of the loop is Florence. Great.

"So you and Y/n are close?" Lizzie asks Florence, making me choke on my drink, "Sorry, it went down the wrong pipe."

"Green is a nice color on you, Liz." Scar mumbles. This all got very awkward. "Well this was nice, we gotta go and explore and stuff since we leave tomorrow." I say quickly trying to get us out of there. Scar gives me the smirk and Florence seems confused by the whole interaction. I put some cash down then we get up and give the girls hugs before leaving the restaurant. Lizzie is silent the whole ride home.

We walk into the hotel room and she turns to me. "What are you and Florence?" She questions. I rub my hand on the back of my neck awkwardly. "We, uh, used to hook up."

"You took me to lunch with your fuck buddy? Is that what I am to you? Have you messed around with Scarlett too?" She says getting angry. I step closer to her and she steps back from me.

"No, Lizzie, please listen to me. Florence and I used to hook up before you came back into my life. I swear I didn't know she was going to be there. Scar didn't say anything about her going, and no Scarlett is just my friend. A close friend of mine, it's really not like that. I love you and only you. You're not just a lay to me, I had this whole plan for tonight but now it's all fucked up." I express. She looks at me slightly confused.

"Plan? You mean the dinner we were supposed to go to?" I shake my head. "No.." I step closer to her. "I want to make this official. I was going to ask you tonight. I want you to be officially mine. I love you so much and can't imagine being without you." I say while looking into her eyes as I reach for her hands. "I love you, Lizzie."

          She looks up at me with a smile, reaching to hold my face. She glides her thumbs across my cheekbones, then my jaw, then across my lip. She pulls me in for a kiss. "I love you so much. I would love to be your girlfriend." She says resting her forehead on mine.

Needless to say, we did not make it to dinner.