Friends.

Love Is A Losing Game - Amy Winehouse

Lizzie Pov

Dealing with a possible scandal and a break up sucks. Yet all I can think about is how Y/n is feeling. She texted me last night but I was dealing with so much I forgot to respond. I pick up my phone and make a call.

"Hello?" She says in her sleepy voice, which makes me heart beat faster. I suddenly start to feel nervous but I want to see her so bad. "Hi, I'm sorry for not responding last night." I say in a small voice. "Its completely fine, I just wanted to make sure you were okay. Your day was already difficult." She cares so much it makes my heart warm. "Can I see you?" I ask in a small voice.

"Yes of course, where should I meet you?" She asks. "Hmm, can I meet you at your place?" I request, not wanting to draw more attention in public. She gives me her address and I tell her I'll be there in an hour.

I can't wait to see her. She brings me so much comfort, these feelings are all new. I haven't even known her a week and I feel like I've known her for years. Her comfort is just what I need right now.

I pull up to her apartment and knock on the door. She opens the door with a big goofy grin. "Hey." She says and invites me in. "This place is cute." I say as I look around. "You live here with Brie right?" I subtly look around for the blonde woman. "Yeah, she's currently not here." She says. "Want a tour?"

She shows me around the apartment, it really is a cute place. Then we get to her room. I look around. It fits her, there's books and plants on shelves. I see her comic book collection next to her desk. "I like it" I say while turning around with a smile. She's standing in the doorway watching me, I love how she looks at me. It makes me feel so much brighter.

We go out to the kitchen and she starts cooking breakfast for us, while playing some music. I sit on the island and watch her. She moves so smoothly. Cooking and dancing. I get lost in my own thoughts, until I see her waving at me to get my attention. "Im sorry, what was that?" I question. "I asked If could give me a hand." She chuckles when asking. I can feel my blush start to form on my cheeks at having been caught daydreaming. I get up and start to help her cut some fruit. Love Is A Losing Game By Amy Winehouse then comes on and Y/n stop what she's doing and offers her hand to me. I look at her confused but take her hand as we start to sway to the music. I can hear her quietly singing the lyrics. Her voice is beautiful. I hold my head back to look at her. She looks back at me as we dance around and she sings.

For you, I was a flame
Love is a losing game
Five-storey fire as you came

Love is a losing game

One I wish I never played

Oh, what a mess we made

And now, the final frame
Love is a losing game

I see her look down at my lips and back up to my eyes, she licks her lips. I look down at her soft lips, I can feel myself moving in.

Then we hear the front door open. "Sorry to interrupt." I hear as we quickly spring apart. "Is this a thing now?" Brie says. "We're just friends, Larson." Y/n says as she walks back to the breakfast we were putting together. Friends? I don't know why that pisses me off but I'm suddenly not hungry anymore. "Yup, just friends." I say while looking at Y/n. "I forgot I had some things to deal with today. Thank you for having me over. It was nice to see you again Brie." I leave without saying bye to Y/n. What the hell is wrong with being friends?