Missed Calls.

Bubble Gum - Clairo

         "Hi Y/n." Lizzie said. I was shocked, this is the closest she's been to me in so long. Her scent was intoxicating. I took a moment to just admire her, she looked more mature. She was as gorgeous as ever. Her stunning dress made her eyes pop even more than they usually do. After all this time I was still hypnotized by her.

"Hey..Congrats on the movie." I say quietly, not able to look into her eyes for too long. "Thanks.." She says as we fall into a silence. Theres so much I want to say to her, so much I want to ask. "Why didn't you call?" I look up confused. Me? Why didn't I call? She rejected me. "Why didn't I call?" I repeat confused. "I called you after you left that day. You didn't pick up, you didn't call back. I even visited the bookstore a couple of times in hoping to see you. You were never there so I stopped. I deserve to know why, Y/n." She says with determination in her eyes and anger in her voice. She went back for me. Why did she go back for me?

         "What are you talking about? I never got a call, Elizabeth. Why were you looking for me?" I question. She takes a step towards me.

"Because I felt the sa-" She starts but is interrupted by the door opening. "Babe, are you okay? The movie is starting." The man peaks his head out, she takes a step back from me. "Yes, Im fine. Ill be right there. I was just catching up with an old friend." She turns to me. "I'll see you around, Y/n."

Again, I was left with my own thoughts. This time even more confused. She called. She came looking for me. What was she going to tell me?

          I go back in and take my seat next to Brie, trying to keep all my attention on the movie rather than the couple in front of us. It was an absolutely wild movie, the theater was so hype. I couldn't help my mind drifting off every so often, even as we got in the car to go home. If I had received that call, where would we have ended up? Could I have had her in my life for the past 5 years? Would she be with me right now? "Hello? Earth to Y/n?" Im taken out of my thoughts. "Hm? Sorry, what happened?" I said.

"Did Lizzie talk to you? I saw her get up after you did." Larson asks. "She did, we just caught up." I say keeping it short. I can tell she wants to ask more about it. "Did you tell her about Florence?" She says quietly.

"No, why would I? We aren't together. Its casual." I quickly defend. "I don't know, to make her jealous? Let her hear what you've been up to, that you haven't been hanging around moping over her." Brie says rolling her eyes. I may have forgot to mention I've been messing around with Florence Pugh, she signed on with marvel. Scar introduced us in New York. We hang out when Im in New York but that's about it.

We finally get home, I shower and change into some sweats and a tank top. As I'm about to hop into bed I hear a knock on the door. Who the hell is here this late at night? I peak my head out and hear Brie is in the shower still, I sigh and head to the door.

          I open the door and stand there stunned. Am I dreaming? This is the shit from my dreams.

"Hi, I'm sorry to stop by unannounced. Can we talk?" Lizzie asks nervously. I just nod, not able to form words. I lead her to my room and shut the door. "Wha-" I'm cut off as I feel her hands on my neck, she pulls me in. I lean down into her and our lips meet. It was a kiss you see in the movies, fireworks, sparks, all that. I nearly melt as our kiss grows more passionate, all the feelings that have been bottled up, pour out in this kiss. I hold her as close as I can wanting to feel all of her on me. It feels like hours before she pulls away, I rest my forehead on hers as we catch our breaths. "Wow." She whispers. I pull back a little to look into her eyes. I keep her in my embrace, not wanting to lose her again.

          "Im a pretty good kisser huh?" I joke, wanting to break the silence. She laughs and softly hits my shoulder. "Flatter yourself much?" She rolls her eyes. Eventually we break apart, I sit on the bed unsure of where to go from here. She walks in front of me, standing between my legs. She looks down at me with a smile as she plays with my hair.

"Stay the night." I request while looking up at her. She leans down and gives me a soft kiss. "That wouldn't be smart, I should actually get going." She says quietly. I try not to show the disappointment on my face as I walk her out.

"Please get home safely." I whisper as I lean down to give her a soft kiss on the cheek. "I will, goodnight Y/n." She says softly with a small smile on her face. I watch her until she's out of my sight then I close the door softly, not wanting to alert Brie. With my back on the door I look up and think...What now?