Confessions.

Like I Want You - Giveon

          I wake up with a slight hangover in...Scarletts apartment? I get up from the floor and look around. I guess we all knocked out here. Poor Scar had to deal with all our drunk asses. I get up and go to the kitchen where I see Scarlett making herself a bowl of cereal. "Mind if I get one too?" I quietly ask. She gives me a mom look and pours me a bowl too. We sit at the table in a comfortable silence.

"Can I ask you something, Y/n?" She timidly asks. I suddenly get nervous. It's not like her to be nervous, she's usually so confident. "Uh yeah, ask away." I reply.

"Is there something going on with you and Lizzie?" She looks up as she asks. I was caught off guard, I didn't know how to answer. "I don't mean to pry but you would not stop talking about her last night..then when I was trying to make you a bed on the floor you kept saying 'emerald eyes is mad at me.' I know I have some nice eyes but I don't think they were the eyes you were referring to." She says with a small smile. "I uh I do have a crush on her. Ive had one since I saw her at the Met Gala. Its only increased since I've gotten to know her. It hasn't gone beyond that. Im pretty sure she doesn't feel the same." I answer her question.

"I wouldn't be too sure of that. After the Avengers dinner she was talking about you a lot, I think she said she eventually visited your bookshop too. She talks about you so purely. I wouldn't count yourself out just yet." Scar says softly.

"Thank you for that..can you do me a favor?"

          Sunday morning we fly back. We spent all of Saturday with Scar, while I put together my plan. As we landed I started to get nervous. "You ready for this?" Larson asks. I nodded, the plan was simple. I would show up to Lizzies apartment, which Scarlett gave me the address to, and I would confess my feelings to her. I would either end up heartbroken or happy. I guess we'll find out.

          I head over to the apartment, rehearsing what Im going to say in my head. As I pull up my nerves start to build even more. I knock gently. "Y/n? What are you doing here?" She asks. She doesn't look very happy to see me.

"Lizzie, I came to talk to you." I say nervously. She ushers me in and looks at me, waiting for me to speak. "I think you're breathtaking. Ive thought so since I met you, I can't get you out of my head no matter what I do. If you feel the same I think we should give this a chance." I recite. I look up at her and she's looking anywhere but at me. Not a good sign. "Lizzie?"

"Please leave." She says quietly. I look at her completely shocked. This is so much worse than a straight rejection. The awkward silence that fills the room makes me so sick. "Elizabeth?" I just want her to look at me. "Y/n, please leave. I don't know what games you're playing but I don't want any part of it. You come here and say all this but just 3 days ago you're saying we're just friends? Just this weekend you were all on some girl? Is this all some game to you? I just got out of a 3 year relationship, I bared my heart to you. I can't handle anymore heartbreak right now." Her voice cracks. I can feel my own tears threatening to spill over. I head to the door, before I exit I look back at Elizabeth one more time. "None of it was a game." I say before exiting the building. I quickly call a Lyft to get me home.

          When I get home Brie jumps off the couch to see how it went. She quickly sees my somber expression and wraps me in a hug. This is why I don't catch feelings. The heartbreak is unbearable.

End of part 1.

A/n - Hey so its gonna be one book still but pt 2 is going to take place in 2019. We are fast forwarding 5 years. :)