Comfort.

Trouble - Coldplay

          "Im sorry to interrupt you at work." She apologizes as we walk to the coffee shop. "No, no its ok. They don't actually need me here, besides paperwork and stuff. I just like to help out." I quickly amend so she doesn't feel any worse. I didn't lie to her, I am mainly there for office stuff but the paperwork doesn't take all day because I stay ahead of it. We walk into the coffee shop and place our orders, she tries to pay but much like the first time we were here I beat her to it.

"One day I am going to be faster than you, thank you for my coffee, again." She mutters. "In your dreams Elizabeth." I reply with a smile. We head to the same table we sat at last time. Across from each other, I admire her features from where I sit. She looks sad, her eyes are still brimmed with red and slightly puffy. "So..do you want to talk about what happened?" She looks down again as I ask. "Or we can just sit here and relax, no pressure." I assure her. "I broke off my engagement." She mumbles. I quickly glance at her hands and note her ring isn't there. I reach over and hold her hand for reassurance. "I just felt suffocated. I mentioned moving the wedding date back and he just didn't understand. Of course I love him but I don't think he's the one I'm meant to marry. I just feel so lost right now. I've been with him for 3 years. I just can't help feel like I'm making a mistake. Is following how I feel a mistake?" She continues, looking back up to meet my eyes.

          "Time has no agenda. You can meet someone and love them right away or grow your love over many years. You could have known someone for eternity and they still could not understand your core existence, yet the stranger at the bus stop knows exactly who you are. Time doesn't mean a thing." I recite while looking into the eyes that stop my whole world. "Thats from one of my favorite poetry books. I think it applies to your situation. Just because you've known him for a long time doesn't mean he's the one if you don't feel like he is. Always follow your heart, darling." I say softly with a small smile. She continues to gaze at me, looking over the features of my face. Adoration in her eyes. "Thank you Y/n." she quietly says. We sit in the coffee shop for a little longer, I tell her random facts that I know to cheer her up. It seems to be working until I realize the time. "Ah shit, I gotta go back to the store for closing." I mumble not wanting to leave.

"I wasn't even paying attention to the time. Im sorry for keeping you out for so long. Time flies when you're having a good time." She replies. Her words cause the smile on my face to get even bigger.

"Stop apologizing Elizabeth, I always have a good time with you. Good company and coffee? What more can I ask for?"  I agree. "Please get home safely, hopefully we can do this again soon."

"Lizzie is fine, and well I was waiting for a certain somebody to text me yesterday so I didn't have to show up unannounced. " She teases as we walk out.

"Ah I see, you're always welcome here. No invitation needed." I say suddenly feeling guilty remembering the reason I didn't text her. We awkwardly stand across from each other. Im unsure if I hug her or not. As Im contemplating what to do she opens her arms and goes in for a hug. She's shorter than me so my head rests on her head. Her hug brings me so much comfort, I never want it to end. She pulls away after a little while and heads to her car. I make sure she gets in safely then continue to my shop. The smile doesn't leave my face for the rest of the night.

          As I walk into the apartment, Brie is sitting on the couch. I greet her and go to warm up my dinner. "Are you hooking up with Elizabeth?" My eyes shoot up at the question. "What?" I question my friend. "Are you hooking up with an engaged woman, Y/n?" She repeats the question.

"No, I'm not. Where did this come from?" I ask bewildered. "You hooked up with Aubrey yesterday, and today you're seen holding hands with someone else." She counters. Before I could even ask how she knew I was holding hands with Elizabeth, she pulls up an article on her phone. "Elizabeth Olsen seen without ring with mystery person." The article headline states. You can't tell its me in the picture, but Ive taken Brie to that coffee shop so many times I'm sure it was easy for her to put the pieces together.

"She broke off her engagement, I was just comforting her." I defend. I quickly register this article is public, Lizzie must've seen it as well.

                                                                                                                                                                                    Y/n: Hey its Y/n, are you ok?
Read 8:18 PM