― 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘‒𝐓𝐖𝐎

︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵ ⚘݄*₊˚

︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵ ⚘݄*₊˚

「 CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO 」

― "HAS ANYONE SEEN Wakatoshi-kun?" 

"I don't know, Tendou," Shiratorizawa's third-year setter shook his head. 

"I thought he was with you, Semi-semi," Tendou crossed his arms. 

"I thought you were with him."

Tendou couldn't look Semi in the eyes after that comeback. Instead, he turned to the team's next setter.

"Shirabu! Have any idea where Wakatoshi-kun is?" 

The copper-haired setter side-stepped from the middle blocker's welcoming arms. 

"Last time I checked, you were with him Tendou-san," Shirabu said, putting the blame on Tendou with a calm voice. "Oh, that Seijoh setter isn't here too."

Cutting the Shiratorizawa's boys' conversation short, the door opened, and in came their ace, their rival setter with a girl in the middle.

"Wakatoshi-kun! Where did you go?!" Tendou exclaimed with his arms waving around in the olive-haired ace's face.

"I was lost, Tendou," Ushijima stated as if it were obvious. 

At the statement, Tendou froze, feeling murderous glares burning through the back of his head. 

You got back to Seijoh's side of the court with a whining Oikawa behind you. Apparently, Oikawa wouldn't shut up about the infamous Ushijima line, 'You should've come to Shiratorizawa'. That is until Iwaizumi took the matter into hand and gave the captain a good smack to the head.

With the teams now warmed up, Oikawa began to strategize. 

A very serious Oikawa, different from his usual child-like personality, you couldn't help but to be mesmerized by this.

Sure, the teen was like a man child and could be a handful sometimes, but there was more to him than meets the eye. 

"I believe in you all," Oikawa said firmly.

And so, the practice match started. 

It was going on well with the momentum on Seijoh's side. The boys were scoring points here and there but the opposing team wasn't going to back down that easily.

While Seijoh was scoring steadily, Shiratorizawa was slowly but surely racking up the points too.

The pressure on the court was so tremendous that even you, on the sidelines could feel it crushing on you. 

In no time, the first set ended with Shiratorizawa's victory but one point.

As the first set finished, the players came to rest a bit on the bench. You handed them each a towel and the bottle you refilled earlier.