𝟎𝟖 | 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭 𝐡𝐮𝐦

𝐬𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐫𝐮𝐬
ᴬ ʷʰⁱˢᵖᵉʳ ᵒᶠ ᵃ ˡᵒᵛᵉʳ

- 𝘐𝘧 𝘐'𝘮 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶, 𝘸𝘩𝘺 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘬𝘦? -

_________

She could hear her father's voice growing louder by each step she took.

First thing she noticed was her father banging his fist at the counter as he loudly talked. The whole demeanor of the room was changed as she slowly moved her eyes away from her father's fist to her mother's, wrapped around Dali's body.

"Oh my God!" She skipped the remaining distance between her and the fridge that stood between them. "What happened?" She caressed Dali's hair. Dali looked up at Damia and threw herself at her all the while sobbing her heart out. Damia caressed her little sister's hair as she looked at her parents for answers.

Harry was fuming with anger as he kept yelling. Things in the kitchen there were unsettling. Blurry. Damia couldn't find the other side of the string her father held. She looked at her mother for answers.

Rebecca's face was a whole different story. She looked distressed, petrified. Her eyes were bloodshot, cheeks stained with marks of salty tears. Her hair was a mess. Lips trembling with each word she tried to speak.

"Calm down honey," she breathed after a long pause. Her face resembled the enervation and tremor in her voice.

"How dare he-" Harry yelled once again but was stoped by Rebecca's hand on his shoulder. He closed his eyes and took deep breaths as Rebecca tried to calm him down.

"Let's talk upstairs." She whispered in her husband's ear. He silently obliged.

Rebecca gave Damia a look of apology as she moved further away from them. She mouthed 'in your room' as she left for upstairs with Harry. Damia watched as they went along hand in hand as she continued to caress her sister's hair.

After thinking this situation through, Damia decided not to bring this topic up at that moment. It would be better to let Dali rest her mind from all this chaos.

"Are you hungry Dali?" Knowing none of them had eaten dinner yet, she asked Daliah. Dali nodded as she hiccuped in Damia's shoulder.

"Go upstairs. I'll grab something to eat." Damia tried to move away but Dali's grip on her seemed to tighten at the thought. She didn't want to let go. She seemed to find the comfort too good to let go in her sister's arms.

"Dali," Damia sighed as she squeezed her sister's body a little more. "You need to let go." She smiled down at her sister. Dali shook her head in protest. Damia sighed as she took a pack of yogurt out from the fridge with Dali still wrapped around her.

They moved upstairs to their bedroom. Damia sat Dali down on her bed since Dalia's was a mess. She let Dali finish her favorite flavor of yogurt as they sat in a comfortable silence.