𝟎𝟏 | 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐝 𝐝𝐚𝐢𝐬𝐲

𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐮𝐬𝐭
ᵃ ᵐᵒⁿᵗʰ ᵒᶠ ʰᵉᵃʳᵗᵇʳᵉᵃᵏ

- 𝘢𝘶𝘨𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘴𝘪𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘸𝘢𝘺 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘢 𝘣𝘰𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘦, 𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘦 -___________

___________

"How are my little babies?" she cooed at the tiny white daisies peaking from behind the wild grass.

The sky was a vibrant brilliant blue. The clouds resembled each and every speck of life to ever exist.

She hummed a tune absentmindedly. Her voice sweet as nectar and dripping as the summer salt house colliding into the blues.

Bees buzzed over the tiny field of daffodils and buttercups lying on emerald treasures like little gems hiding away from the greedy eyes. Wind ran it's flowing fingers over the whispering grass like a lover. Baked aroma of apple pie filled the air in a seductive tone, one might say. Pollen freely launched in the summer freshness like pixie dust with a mind of its own. So beautiful, so precious.

'Such a lovely sight to look at' she thought as she watered the plants. Those wild flowers seem to glow up a bit more after receiving their daily water.

"Damia," the disembodied voice flowed through the wind into her system. She looked back at the lady she's known her whole life.

"Yes?" She looked up from the ground. Her voice sweet and velvety as it hugs the air around her.

"Your father is looking for you." Georgia stated nonchalantly. Damia never minded her. Although she was a bit hot headed and would constantly scold her whenever she tried to dig her finger into the hot pot before the food was ready to serve, she took good care of them.

Damia stared at Georgia. Wrinkles covered her face. Though there's still sign of her once gleaming beauty. Smile lines evidently resting on her phlegmatic face.

"Oh," was all she said and dropped her gaze down to the emerald grass blades. They look so beautiful when the golden rays fall on them from a steep angle. They almost look like glittering pearls, something she's always been fond of. Not the expensive jewel, but the priceless beauty of the plant itself.

"Now!" the hurrying tone brought her back to reality from the slumber of thoughts that was building up in her head. She shook all those thoughts away. Standing up, she brushed the fallen leaves and dust from her skirt.

"Thank you." she smiled at her warmly. The elderly lady couldn't help but smile back at her graceful face before hurrying back into the kitchen.

Damia made her way inside through the kitchen door in the backyard and up the stairs towards her father's study. The floorboard creaked under her footfall. She breathed deeply and wiped her sweaty palms on her skirt.