𝟏𝟗 | 𝐮𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐭

𝐜𝐚𝐟𝐮𝐧é
ʳᵘⁿⁿⁱⁿᵍ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᶠⁱⁿᵍᵉʳˢ ᵗʰʳᵒᵘᵍʰ ᵗʰᵉ ʰᵃⁱʳ ᵒᶠ ᵃ ˡᵒᵛᵉᵈ ᵒⁿᵉ

- 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘪𝘧 𝘮𝘺 𝘸𝘪𝘴𝘩𝘦𝘴 𝘤𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘦, 𝘪𝘵 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥'𝘷𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶 -_________

_________

Damia hummed 'Hey there Delilah' to herself as she watered her plants. She was in a good mood since morning. It had been five exact days since she saw Viktor. But his touch still lingered on her body.
She missed him.

Viktor has been regularly texting and calling her ever since. He asked her if she ate properly and slept. She would ask him the same. He would mostly listen to her ranting about a new movie she'd watch or a song that would be stuck in her head. He would occasionally ask her if she was lonely. She got confused at first at his question but then she soon realized it was his way of asking if she missed him. She would bite her lip and tell him that she wasn't lonely. She would list names of her plants, mention her sister, her cat and everyone she could think of that kept her company. He'd grunt and she would bite back a giggle.

She mentioned that she missed Mrs. Angston and Viktor promised he would take her to the flower shop.

"Vik, you don't have to do that. I'm sure you have other priorities." She nibbled on her bottom lip and pet her cat.
"You're my priority, Mia." Her heart thrummed at his words. "I will take you myself."

Mia watched her plants glow and sway in the wind. New flower buds peaked from under wild leaves. She cooed at her babies. A ball of fur purred and rubbed against her leg. She looked down and smiled.
"You've gotten so fat butters. Maybe we should put you on a diet." She pet buttermilk's belly. The orange cat gave her a dirty look. Mia laughed at her cat and got up.

"You know butters, I think Viktor doesn't like you much." She padded down the wooden floors into their kitchen. She glanced back at the cat. "But we can change that, right?" She reached for butter's bowl and filled it with water. She lowered herself on the ground and set the bowl in front of buttermilk. Butters took tiny licks from the bowl. Mia smiled and rubbed his fur. "Who's the pretty little kitty? You are! Yes! You're the prettiest kitty in kitty town!"

"Damia," Mia's spine straightened. She quickly stood up to her feet. "Yes father?" She softly asked standing behind the counter. "You're feeding that cat again." He eyed the small furry creature on the floor sipping away without a care in the world. "J-just water." Mia mumbled looking anywhere but him. "I gave thought to what Viktor Cargill said last week." A bead of sweat shone on his forehead. Mia swallowed a lump in her throat. She could hear her heartbeat in her ears.

"You will move in with him."
Mia stared at her father with indifferent eyes. She thought he said something but she heard something different. The orange cat purred and rubbed against Mia's bare legs. A single breeze came rushing through the backdoor into the kitchen.