dark academia 2

I wake up the next day with a fever. The sunlight has somehow found its way through the cracks of my curtains and the shadow of the leaves dance in a single line on the floor. I'm mesmerized by it.

My entire face is warm and my throat is on fire. I fall asleep again. 

I wake up at around 2 in the afternoon to someone knocking at my door. I stumble over, only to find Pippa standing there in tears. 

"Hey what's wrong?" I say, frowning, though I don't move to let her in. The thought doesn't cross my hazy mind.

"Where were you today? We had class." she says, her voice hard, though her tears betray her. 

"I overslept,"

"Ok, well, you missed a test, and Max was there, and he tried talking to me again." she says, almost angry. 

Right. Her and Max broke up. And Tilly's dead. 

"I'm sorry." I say blankly. 

"It's whatever. Just wanted to let you know. Me, Mars and Charlie are studying later if you wanted to join us." she said, starting back down the hall. I sigh, rubbing my face with my hand, shutting the door. A weird groan escapes my throat and I fall back on the bed. I don't want to study. I just want the school year to be over with. I just want to go home. I sleep through the rest of the day, fever dreams interjecting themselves as they please. Tilly sits at the edge of my bed. 

"You're burning up. Are you sure you're ok?"

"You-"

"Klaus."

"Stop it."

"Wake up."

---

When I wake up for good, my head is still throbbing, but the room isn't spinning anymore and I stumble into the bathroom, leaning on the sink. I sit in a cold shower for longer than I cared to be aware of and manage to put on actual clothes. I sift through my emails.