the hunchback of notre dame 7

- after everything jehan holds my guy close and brings him down, they bring each other down, francois kind of holds jehans shaky hands

- lot of holding each other

- jehan tracing the outline of François' facial features with his finger

- forehead kisses that is all

- letting francois sleep and cleaning up the house a little while he does. florika comes over and they talk for a bit until my guy wakes up

- jehan goes over and holds his face and hugs him and asks if he's feeling okay, and if he slept well like jesus fucking christ

it was getting late on a thursday night, every second inching closer to friday morning. francois downed another shot, feeling the liquor swirl through his brain making everything warm and buzzing. he hadn't shown up with anyone that night, but had run into jehan and florika spending a night on the town. they'd invited francois to hang with them and grab some more drinks, to which the redhead had indulged in without thinking twice.

florika swallowed a shot of vodka, shuddering at the taste and francois one-upped her, doing two shots of whiskey, screwing his eyes shut when the taste fully hit his tongue. the three friend's laughed softly and francois giggled drunkenly, letting his head drop into jehans shoulder, feeling warm. 

"hey buddy." jehan laughed quietly, hugging the young man back. 

"i gotta use the bathroom, i'll be right back." francois said, stumbling over his words, shuffling to the back of the bar, everything spinning and butterflies doing loop-de-loops in his stomach. 

he returned a few minutes later, sliding back into the booth they were sitting at, pulling his legs up to his chest. jehan put his arm around him and francois leaned close without really thinking about it. 

"hey, we should get some water and then cab back home." florika said, more sober than the other two.

"good idea." jehan nodded drunkenly. 

and so they payed their tabs and with a bit of help from their waitress called a cab that took them back to their home safe and sound. florika decided on the way there she wanted to go to her own apartment and left the boys alone to spend the night at jehans place. 

they arrived back and it was neater than usual, everything in its place, the dishes done and clean. 

"my brother was over earlier today. i didn't feel like hearing about how messy my apartment was. so i cleaned." jehan explained.

"im very proud of you." francois smiled. 

"that means a lot." the tall man replied sarcastically.

"thanks for letting me stay the night." the redhead yawned.

"no problem. i felt weird leaving you alone with that cab driver."

"he was weird wasn't he." 

"definitely." jehan nodded, realizing he'd sat incredibly close to francois once more, though the young man didn't seem to mind, curled up as closely as possible. he gently played with the boy's hair for a few minutes, the both of them staring off into nothingness. 

"we should do something crazy." francois suggested suddenly. 

"like what?" jehan replied, though the both of them had the exact same thought at the exact same time. without much care for how nice it felt or how neat it was, the two men pressed their lips together, holding each other close. jehan had cupped francois' face and only pulled away when he needed to come up for air. "we should take this to the bedroom." he mumbled, his forehead pressed up against his partners. there was an agreeable nod and they led one another drunkenly into jehans bedroom, stumbling onto the soft sheets.