quinn and camilo

camilo is this 45 year old dude who used to be married and he had a kid and everything BUT he was kind of a shitty dad and ended up divorcing his wife, mom got custody of the kid and he ended up on the streets. (the car accident: maybe they got into a crash and he lost his wife and kid)

 quinn was kind of in the same position the kid was in. he's definitely like the 6th out of like 11 kids and was really brushed over and looked over as a child and he ends up on the streets because of lack of care from both his family and care of himself

so they have this opportunity to learn from each other. Quinn learns to accept help and care and Camilo learns to be there for people he cares for, but it's complicated because of the drugs. camilo has this holden caulfield disposition of protecting the innocence of the youth, and thinks he's doing that with quinn, but isn't because quinn's already gone off the deep end when they meet, and cam only enables this.

camilo's this waiter at like a mid-priced restaurant bar and grill and quinn's like a pizza delivery dude

and im thinking abt this in like a tv show format so maybe like they both start at low points and in the imaginary pilot, it starts with cam's daily routine, he probably sleeps in until 1 and smokes some spicy bad stuff,like very much functional addict not like a crackhead, its established that hes not making rent, maybe hes getting groceries or like fuck dude idk and 

theres this bitch ass cop chewing out this fucking ratty ass kid for something REALLY stupid and camilo steps in and tells the cop to screw off. cops like "why should i listen to you? is this your kid or something" and cam's like "yeah, actually. now screw off" and they pull a shrek and "hey thanks man" "don't thank me. stop doing stupid shit."

they part ways. what if camilo's coming home from work a few nights later at like 2 in the morning, he passes someone in a big ol winter coat bc its january ive just decided and "spare change?" and cam's like "tf...you're that stupid kid oh shit you're straight up homeless, i thought you were some spoiled rich brat""hey, can i please crash on your couch. ill pay you and ill be gone by morning, but its gonna be -40 and i dont feel safe at the shelters, and i dont feel like dying tonight"
"why, for all you know I could be an axe murderer"

"well, if i was an axe murderer i would have dogshit aim, so you should be fine."

camilo's stash is found in his locker at work and he gets fired from his job, and he cant make rent. quinn makes up for the other half, but asks if he can stay a little longer in return. camilo says yes and keeps quinn around until he gets another job but by that point, they're already kind of stuck to each other and quinn just keeps paying cam half rent to stay at his place. 

ok so ive decided that camilo has a best friend called marcie and shes like your typical chain smoking aunt whos either 41 or 75. we never find out. 

marcie is their landlady. think mrs. hudson from sherlock if she was a drag queen and smoked like it was the end of the world.

oh my god wait what if the camilo/quinn tv show concept starts like the pilot right it starts with little quinn, little like 7 year old boy quinn like

ignore the hastily drawn images, but like that right like all volume cut out in the first frame and then a hard cut to an insanely noisy wide shot (not long shot) of like the middle of a city and this tiny kid is just, standing surrounded by these adults, he's wearing a little raincoat, it's either drizzling or has rained recently

oh shit what if he gets on the bus and pays his little fare and gets in a seat and hes swinging his legs and he sees this young father kind of playing with his own daughter, and we see this sort of sad flicker in quinns eyes, like he doesnt understand why it makes him sad because hes still too young to understand, but he just feels blue. 

anyways the young father is of course, a younger camilo, before everything goes to shit. the two make eye contact and camilo kind of smiles at quinn, nudging his kid to say hi, waving at him very friendly. quinn looks away. i think we'd focus back on his face and there's more emotion or something, he's pondering. maybe he says something like "maybe i should just go home."

little quinn blinks and then mid blink when he opens his eyes its older quinn as we'll know him throughout the rest of the story. 

its a paralell of the first shot, no volume, except this time, quinn goes "today i did coke for the first time" or something BATSHIT like that, and again, hard cut, he's in a convenience store, high, ready to shoplift something. he's homeless and hungry. 

theres a kid at the end of the aisle, staring at him. quinn stares back. he puts whatever he was going to take back on the shelf and leaves the store empty handed. the bell rings and as the door closes "maybe that wasn't the best idea." or something along that line

cut to the intro

marcie definitely helps him through it a lot. 

at one point quinn meets sam who's 48 while out working on the street. sam's this upstanding business man with a heroin addiction. 

quinns family:

Moira Carter: (mom, 42 when deceased) 18, 26, 30, 31, 37

Geoffrey Carter: (dad, 52, military and authoritarian) 43

Ruth Carter: (eldest, 24 when deceased) 

Quinn Carter: (eldest middle, 25, estranged) 16

James Carter: (middle, 21, mormon) 12

Mendel Carter: (middle youngest, 20, studying in asia) 11

Anna Carter: (little sister, 14, immunocompromised) 5

-

Catholic family, ruth was homeschooled until quinn came around. to this day his dad maintains that quinn is the way he is because they made the mistake of putting him in public school from the start. ruth had to help take care of james and mendel and then ruth had already moved out by the time anna was born. his mom started having a lot of health issues so him and his dad had to help raise the other 3 kids. quinn's dad got him to take care of mostly anna. things kind of got better for a while and then one day ruth and moira went out to run errands their car flipped into a ditch and shit went south so fast. 

quinn's dad went into a mad grief spiral and it was a big ol mess and quinn was just kind of left neglected the entire time. MAD daddy issues. quinn started acting out so his dad sent him to an all boys catholic school to finish his high school years but he got kicked out junior year after being outed by his math professor. he got sent home and he didnt tell his dad until after he came home. he took a few months off school and got caught kind of isolated in the house. his dad took a lot of anger out on him, 'i did not raise my son to be queer'. in the fall, he went back to school and graduated.  he runs off when he's about 20. his dad was sort of keeping him close to keep him under control, but he ditches in the middle of the night and runs off from detroit to chicago because it was the next bus to leave.

then he meets phoebe who helps him kind of get things started. theyre both in shitty situations, and being in a shitty situation together makes it more tolerable. they still stay in contact even after quinn moves in with cam

at one point, somehow, his dad finds his contact info and realizes he's a 5 hour drive away in chicago. he finds cam and reaches out and "hey you're living with my son, what the hell do you think you're doing" and it results in cam unknowing of the history, telling jeff he can come down and visit. 

quinn comes home from work with sam and notices the car in the driveway. cam is inside talking and having coffee with jeff and "oh you're still gay?" , "oh you're still religious?"

jeff tries to get quinn to come back home, quinn is like nah