Chapter Twenty-Five

Ashteroh Alexeev

I know something's bothering Nathalie. I asked her for how many times but she refused to say anything. Maybe she's not comfortable with me on that level yet. She's still secretive. But I want to respect her privacy. Ayokong pilitin siya, ayokong masakal siya sa relasyon namin. 

I just wait for her to open up. Inisip ko na lang na siguro magiging komportable na siyang magsabi sa bakasyon namin bukas. Talagang pinaghandaan ko 'yon. Pasasayahin ko siya nang sobra para mawala na ang bigat sa dibdib n'ya. Gusto ko rin na maging komportable na siya sa akin.

I sincerely love her. I love her so much. I don't know why I love her this much even though we just spent a little time together... Maybe it's because she's beautiful inside and out. She may be a thief but she's generous and softhearted. She may be a little stupid and crazy but she always makes me smile every single day. I can't stop thinking about her even at work, even at the middle of my missions with the feroci.

She's really one of a kind. She's the woman that I would never want to let go. I'm crazy over her. I just tried my best not to show her how crazy I am for her. I don't want to scare her... but damn, I love her so much.

“Edi sinasagot na kita ngayon,” Nathalie said while smiling.

I know there's really something wrong when she suddenly agreed to become my girlfriend. Hindi na lang ako nag-isip ng kung ano. I will never doubt her. I know she's just stressed out about something that she couldn't tell yet.

I'll just wait for her to open up.

But maybe, trusting and loving her too much is not the right thing to do.

“P're, gising!”

I woke up from Cad's hard slap. I groaned and touched my temple. I felt a little dizzy. What happened? Nathalie and I were just talking last night and I suddenly fell asleep. Gano'n ba ako kapagod?

“Damn, why did you slap me, asshole?!” I hissed and pushed Cadence away from me.

“Malamang! Tingnan mo muna ang sitwasyon sa labas bago ka magalit diyan!” asik ni Cad saka basta na lang ako hinila palabas ng silid. Dali dali n'ya 'kong pinapunta sa sala.

The first thing I noticed is my secret room. Nakabukas ang pinto no'n... at wala ng laman.

“Hindi lang 'yan, pare. Wala ring malay ang mga tauhan mo sa labas,” Cad said.

“Shit, where's Nathalie?! Did something happen to her?!” I asked, almost panicking.

Cad looked at me with no hint of humor in his eyes. He looked serious. He sighed and tapped my shoulder.

“You should already know the answer to that question, man. Wala namang ibang makakagawa nito kundi si Nathalie lang,” seryosong sabi ni Cad.

I refused to believe that. I know she will never do that to me. We both love each other... She's a thief but she will never betray me.

“See? I told you,” Cad said while watching the CCTV footage with me.

My whole body trembled. I don't know what to feel, if I should be mad or sad first. My mind is already processing the fact that Nathalie betrayed my but my heart is still hoping... my heart is still hoping that this is just a nightmare. My heart still believes that Nathalie can't do this to me... She said... she said she loves me too.

“What are you gonna do now, Ashteroh?” Cad asked and put his hands on his pocket.

“Find her... I-I will kill her myself,” I mumbled, still absentminded.