Chapter 1

Loud car horns honked as drivers slammed on their breaks to yield to the man sprinting through the streets. After a couple near misses, the man made it to safety, and into a secluded alleyway.

The man gripped the bag in his hand as he caught his breath.

"Months of planning led to this payoff... I'm going to be rich!!"

As the perpetrator dug through the bag of stolen goods, a still-developing voice caught his attention.

"I'd recommend you set it down and comply..." The voice chuckled, "For your sake of course."

The man closed the bag, straining his eyes as he looked deeper into the dark passage.

"Who are you?"

"The end of your career if I need to be. That, or your savior."

A silhouette of a boy in his mid teens stepped forward, slowly lighting up underneath the dim moonlight.

The man let out a low chortle.

"Don't mess with me, kid! Playing hero's only going to get you killed."

"Are you sure?"

The man cracked his knuckles.

"How far is it past your bedtime? You're really delusional. I'm warning you. Leave, and you won't end up sleeping permanently."

The boy cracked his neck before kicking a can closer to the man.

"Put the bag down..."

A loud thud hit the man's ears as the boy stomped on a brick, crushing it.

"Or I'll put you to bed."

The boy stepped forward, revealing more of himself. Despite being able to see the boy's body clearly, the only thing the criminal could see was his eyes. Over his head was a mask and a hood, as well as sweatpants, showing only his eyes, and his hands.

The man raised an eyebrow as he reached behind him "Ho... You're approaching me."

"That's cringe. You lowered your voice for that too."

The man drew a knife from behind him, gritting his teeth.

"Scram."

"God... all of you criminals are the same. So stupid!! How am I even supposed to 'scram' if you're blocking the entrance? Also, you're resorting to such a puny knife instead of your fists. Own up like a man and engage me in a gentleman's game of fisticuffs!"

"You guys?? Don't lump me in with those lowlifes. I'm rich now!! With my sheer smarts, I infiltrated-"

"a HiGHly sEcUreD sPaCe AnD gOt AwAy!!! Yeah, shut the fuck up. You're a bitch. Just like everyone else like you."

The man gripped his handle, breathing heavily with anger.

"Don't mock me, brat!!"

The boy chuckled, "Come at me, bitch."

The man charged forward, bland in hand, jabbing at the boy, only to find himself swinging at air.

"You're so slow. You should probably work out or something, old man."

The man spun around, swinging at the boy's direction, only to catch air once more.

"Better yet, you should probably just retire from this stuff. You're making a fool of yourself."

The man grunted as he regained his balance.

"Shut up!"

The man dropped the bag in his hand, pulled out a gun as he aimed it towards the boy. Without giving the man any time to pull the trigger, the boy grabbed a hold of the gun, snapping the man's wrist with his other hand.