Chapter 5

Y/n felt a small hand shake him back into consciousness, ridding him of any drowsiness he might have carried.

"Y/n... Class is starting."

Y/n sat up with a stretch, "Thanks."

"Mhm."

Y/n grabbed his materials from his bag, lazily placing them on his desk. From the side, Minju watched Y/n's sluggish actions before turning to the teacher as he began his lesson. Periodically, Y/n's focus shifted in and out of the lesson as he slowly drifted off to sleep. The moment he finally entered a state of deep sleep, the school bell rang ripping him out of his sleep.

Minju giggled, "Good morning."

"Oh..." Y/n rubbed his eyes, "Did I fall asleep?"

Minju nodded.

Y/n yawned, "I see. Let's head off to lunch then."

The duo slung their bags over their shoulders starting toward the same spot they sat at the prior day.

"What time did you sleep last night?"

"I don't know. I kind of just fell asleep."

Minju's eyes wandered, meeting the pairs that stared from around the hallway, "What did you have to do yesterday?"

"Just some chores."

"That late into the night?"

"Yeah."

"That's weird."

"Eh. I don't mind."

The two arrived at their spot relatively peacefully. With a grin on her face, Minju reached into her bag, extending her arm toward Y/n.

Y/n glanced at the sandwich, "You made an extra one?"

"Yeah."

"You know you don't have to. I can just make myself something if you really want me to eat during school."

"It's okay," Minju smiled, "It makes me happy when you compliment my food."

"What makes you think I'll compliment it this time?"

"I'm confident."

Y/n peeled back the wrapping, biting into the sandwich with his everlasting stoic expression. As the seconds passed, the confidence in Minju's face vanished leaving room for worry to settle in.

Is it not good?! Did I make a mistake? I obviously wouldn't taste it first, so I wouldn't know if it's not good...

Y/n continued to stare at Minju's worried face, suppressing the smile that threatened to spread across his face.

Now with a frown, Minju stuttered, "I-Is it not good?"

Y/n swallowed his bite, "No."

Y/n's expressionless face and cold voice sliced through Minju's feelings, crushing her hopes of receiving a compliment.

"I'm sorry..."

Through her frown, Minju peered at the sandwich in her hand, hesitantly extending it toward Y/n.

"Take this one then, maybe this one is good."

Y/n smiled a wide eye smile, placing his hand atop the girl's head.

"I'm just joking, MinMin."

Minju's face turned a bright red, "Y-Ya! Don't mess around like that!"

Y/n chuckled before biting into his sandwich once more. The boy's smile burned itself into Minju's eyes, bringing a warm feeling alongside it.