Chapter 20

Minju sat in a deafening silence for what felt like forever.

So this is what he meant by they go silent...

"Y/n?"

Minju's eyes had completely adjusted to the dark, yet she couldn't quite tell Y/n's facial expression. Worried, Minju reached for Y/n's arm. Right before she could make contact, Minju felt a tight constricting pain at her outreaching wrist. Her eyes darted to her hand to see Y/n's hand wrapped around her wrist.

"Ow-"

"Who told you about her?!"

Fear coursed through Minju as Y/n's voice ran low. It was threatening, she somehow knew it wasn't directed towards her.

"Y-You mentioned them in your sleep when we were at your house-"

"Someone else had to have told you about her. Which classmate was it?!"

Y/n's grip on Minju's wrist tightened, causing the latter to wince in pain.

"Y-Y/n, y-you're hurting me..."

Y/n quickly let go, seemingly disappearing into the darkness. Minju retracted her hand, rubbing it in hopes that the pain would go away.

Is my wrist bruised?

"Y/n-"

"I'm sorry."

Directly contrasting himself just a few seconds ago, Y/n's voice was now quiet-barely reaching Minju's ear.

"You don't have to talk about it right now if you're not comfortable."

Silence.

Just what happened between those two?

Minju looked toward Y/n who had his back turned toward her.

I should try to comfort him.

Minju scooted over, wrapping her injured arm around Y/n.

"Hey. Even if you don't want to talk about it, I'm always here if you need me. Okay?"

Y/n wrapped his hand around Minju's, devoid of any force.

"Thank you, MinMin..."

Minju rested her head on the other's back.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I just need time."

"Do you want to be alone?"

Y/n tightened his grip around Minju's hand, but this time it was gentle.

"No..."

Minju reciprocated the gesture, hissing in pain as she used the muscles in her wrist. Y/n jolted in place at the sound of Minju hissing, quickly turning around in a state of panic.

"Are you okay?! Did I hurt you?"

"I'm fine, it's just a bruise. Don't worry about it."

"That's not fine. We should ice that."

"I'll go get an ice pack."

"No. I can do it."

Minju raised an eyebrow, "Do you know where the ice packs are?"

"No..."

Minju giggled, "I'll be back. Don't miss me~"

Y/n sighed as he sat in the room alone.

I hurt them again... I'm not worthy of wielding this strength...

Not long after, Minju came back with an ice pack on her arm.