Chapter 23

Y/n plopped down on his bed.

What are we going to do for the rest of today? I could talk to Minju about my past. She does seem really curious, and I feel bad about earlier.

As in on queue, Minju knocked on Y/n's open door.

"Hey, can I join you?"

Y/n scooted over, "Sure."

Minju climbed in bed, pulling her phone out immediately.

"MinMin."

"Hm?"

"You asked me about Nari last night, right?"

Minju set her phone down, clearly apprehensive.

"...Yeah. You don't have to talk about-"

"Do you want to know about her?"

"Are you okay talking about her?"

There was a look of worry in Minju's eye. She clearly didn't want to tread where she shouldn't be, but her curiosity bled through the cautious orbs of hers.

With guilt overwhelming him, Y/n nodded, "Yeah. I just needed to prepare myself mentally."

Minju turned her body, now sitting with her legs crossed.

"Okay, take your time."

Y/n took a deep breath.

This is it, Y/n. Don't overthink it. This will go smoothly.

"Okay. Well, to start off, Nari and I were really good friends who met midway through our freshman year."

"Oh, that's not that long ago..."

"Yeah. I didn't have many friends since I went to a different school than my middle school friend group. I just happened to befriend mutuals that I didn't know were mutuals at the time."

Minju giggled, "What a coincidence."

Y/n smiled, "Right?"

Y/n aimlessly looked around the room, trying to recall the early events.

"Initially, we started off as surface level friends, but one day during break, we kind of just started texting each other through our SNS."

"Do you remember how it started?"

"Nope."

Minju nodded, "Fair. I can't really remember how I started talking to my friends."

Y/n took a deep breath, "After the initial day, we didn't really text, but in class we talked a bit. It was still as strangers though. Over time, we began talking to each other frequently-even spending lunch and walking home together. As we got closer, we began to focus primarily on each other, sometimes ignoring our group when we were together. That's kind of what distinguished us as one of the two closest pairs in the school."

"How did it all go downhill?"

Y/n opened his mouth, hesitant on whether he should answer that or not. Multiple trains of thoughts rushed through his head. Should he tell her? What if the same thing happens with her? How should he approach this? Minju watched as Y/n sat motionless for a few seconds.

This must be a really touchy part.

"You don't have to answer that Y/n. I want to prioritize your comfort here."

"I-I'll just answer it later if I feel that I can say it."

"Is it that bad?"

"Kind of."