Chapter 18

As Y/n finished the last bite of his sandwich, he eyed Minju.

Should I ask her about it? No. What if me asking her serves as a catalyst to us losing touch? But if it serves as a catalyst, then that means that it is bound to happen right? But what if it's not bound to happen, and I'm just dooming our friendship? What do I do?

"Y/n."

Y/n blinked back into reality, "Yes?"

"I'm sorry about earlier."

"Why are you apologizing? I should be the one saying sorry."

"What do you mean?"

"I was the one that put you in that situation and made you uncomfortable."

"I didn't really mean what I said. I wasn't uncomfortable at all. Or- I was, but it wasn't a bad uncomfortable. It was just because it was a new situation for me, so I wasn't used to it. I'm sorry for not communicating that to you."

"No worries, I'm sorry for putting you in that situation."

"No, no. I didn't mind it at all. I kind of liked it..."

The two sat in silence for a few moments before the lunch bell rang.

"Well," Minju stood up, "We should head back, right?"

"Yeah."

The walk back was less awkward for the two as both retrieved a sense of relief from the prior conversation.

Minju nudged Y/n's arm with a slight smile on her face, "I think you should sleep in class today."

"Why?"

"Because you look exhausted."

"Yeah, my sleep schedule is all sorts of whack."

"You should fix it."

"I can't seem to."

Minju's face lit up, "I know how!"

Y/n tilted his head, "How are we going to fix my sleep schedule?"

"With a sleep over! That way I can make sure you sleep at a normal time!!"

Y/n furrowed his eyebrows, "Are your parents going to be fine with a sleepover? Regardless of whose house it is, it's still just going to be us. You know- A guy and a girl."

"Yeah, it'll be fine. They'll probably be fine with it even if we were to sleep at your house."

"Are you saying you want me to sleep over at your house?"

"Yes."

"I think my house would be a better choice. It's closer to things like the convenience store and stuff."

Y/n paired the latter end of his sentence with hand gestures putting an emphasis on "convenience store,"--opening an opportunity for Minju.

"You're just saying that for your convenience."

'Ya."

Minju giggled, "I'm sorry, I just found the opportunity too appealing to not take it."

Y/n rolled his eyes, "Whatever."

"Anyway, I think my house would be better since the both of us don't have to walk as far."

"What's wrong with walking far? That just means more time for us to talk."

"We're going to be spending the time together regardless. I think it would be better if we were to walk less of a distance."

"I think walking more would be better since it lets us burn off more calories. Plus, I'm sure you've noticed that conversing is a lot easier for the two of us as a pair when we're walking."