Chapter 5: What In The World?

~Your POV~

Today is me and Melissa's first day of school. Our parents had already spoken to the school about enrolling us and went out to find jobs afterward. I got myself ready while Melissa was in the kitchen eating breakfast. My hair was already done. Now, I just have to remember what outfit I wore in the dream for school.

After sitting down and remembering, I realized that I had worn that yesterday when I met Mark. "Ugh." I groaned. I looked through my closet for something else. I didn't have as much clothes as I had hoped, but I have to pick something before I'm late for school.

The outfit I picked was similar to what I wore yesterday. It's another pair of black skinny jeans and a Crown The Empire t-shirt. I put it on quickly and met up with Melissa in the kitchen. She finished breakfast already. "Ready to go?" She asked. I picked up my backpack and waited by the door for her to catch up. "Yeah." I said finally.

We walked to the bus stop and waited for the bus to come. Mark was outside walking his dog again like in the dream. He saw us and waved at us with his free hand. "Good morning!" he cheered. I smiled and ran up to him to give him a kiss on the cheek. His cheeks turned slightly pink.

"Ready for school?" Mark asked. I nodded only slightly. "I'm just a little nervous. I don't want to screw things up like I did in the dream." I confessed. He nodded in understanding. "Yeah I'm trying my best not to also." He said back.

The bus came a few minutes later. I gave Mark another kiss goodbye and climbed on the bus with Melissa. We sat in a seat together in the back of the bus. "Excited?" Melissa asked enthusiastically. I shook my head. "I don't want to screw this up." I mumbled. She rolled her eyes. "Will you stop thinking about that dream for a little while?" she asked annoyed. I turned to her and frowned. "You were the one who promised to help me!" I yelled. She stopped talking for a second. She just sat there and stared at me like I had no idea what I was talking about.

"What are you talking about?" she asked truthfully. I slammed my palms against my lap. "What do you mean what am I talking about!? You know damn well what I'm talking about!" I screamed. The bus driver looked up at his little mirror thing at us. "Calm down, please." he asked nicely. I breathed heavily to settle my anger with little to no success.

Melissa kept staring at me like I was out of my mind. "I honestly have no idea what you're talking about." she said again. I scoffed heavily and exchanged looks between the window and her. "Mel, are you fucking serious right now?" I said meanly. I couldn't help but chuckle at the end of that sentence due to the ridiculousness of this conversation. She nodded her head. "Dead serious." she answered.

I let that slide for now because more people were boarding the bus. Khloe was the next one to come on. She was wearing the same outfit she wore in the dream. Melissa just stared at her as she sat in a seat next to us. "She's pretty." she whispered to me. I rolled my eyes. "True, but she's also a bitch." I replied, looking out the window. Melissa lightly slapped my shoulder, not phasing me a bit. "Don't say that! She seems nice!" she whispered loudly. I shot her a shocked look. "Did Mom put something in your damn pancakes today!?" I screamed. The kids on the bus just stared at me like I was crazy. Khloe even looked at me. "Shut up, emo fag." Khloe said harshly. I held my arms out toward Melissa in a T postion. "See what I mean?" I said with a fake, lopsided smile.

Melissa slumped in her seat. She seemed like she wanted to get off of the bus right now. I remained quiet for the rest of the ride too. This is all getting too weird. She barely remembers a thing, and I now know her well enough to know that she doesn't have a problem with her memory.

~Mark's POV~

I took my dog back inside the apartment and went on my computer to upload a video. When I checked my subscriber count, I noticed that it was...decreasing?