Chapter 16: The Funeral

~Your POV~

I've always hated funerals. Going to one always brings back memories that involved the one who the funeral is being held for. But, it was even harder with Skylar's. Mark had to stop me from collapsing on countless occasions while I was here. I'm wearing the same black dress I wore for my seventeenth birthday, and Mark is wearing a black suit. My parents are here, too, and Skylar's parents aren't, oddly enough. They're the ones who arranged this funeral, and yet they're not here. That's pretty strange.

A lot of people talked about Skylar, which brought me to tears all over again with each person who spoke. I was next to speak, and then Mark. I had a lot of things I had to say about her. I wrote everything on paper last night. I had to stop so many times just to let out the huge rivers of tears that I did my best to lock away for so many years.

I held the paper in front of me while glancing at everyone who came here today. I looked out the window, and it was pouring rain. That seems appropriate for a funeral.

I started reading. "Words can't even describe how much I'm hurting right now. I was there when it all happened, though. It was traumatizing, and I'll never be able to forget that. But enough about that. Skylar was my best friend. For the past year, we've gotten really close, and she was always there for me. Yeah, she always made mistakes, but she was my friend. Actually, she was more like my sister, and I've always wanted to have a person in my life like that. It's even more valuable than money. I guess this just proves that...*chokes* that life really can end at any time. I..." I fell to my knees again and started crying. Nothing was going to be able to help me recover from this. Everything is a living hell.

Mark got up from his chair and tried to help me up, but my body wouldn't give in. My body was almost as limp as Skylar's dead one.

Skylar's coffin was now descending into the earth. She's being buried next to her dead sister. Maybe they'll see each other in heaven and they can go on and on about how shitty their parents were to them, well Skylar. Skylar has always wanted a song called Therapy by All Time Low to play during her funeral. She liked that song because it reminded her too much of suicide, and she wanted to have that song be played so people that actually have a brain can understand why she did this just in case she forgot to write a suicide note. I held a bouquet of pink roses, symbolizing the color of my hair when she dyed it for me last year. It's to remind her that she's my other half and nobody will ever be able to replace her. I shed a few tears that landed on the pedals of the roses. Mark wrapped his arm around my shoulders as he also cried. I whispered a few things into the bouquet of roses, and after everyone else threw their red roses inside the hole on top of the coffin, I threw my bouquet on top of them all right in the middle of the coffin.

My body shook as I watched them shovel dirt back into the hole to fill it up. In the distance, I saw Nikki, Korey, Kevin, and Daniel. They were all crying under a tree that was losing all of its leaves. There were a few leaves on it that were browning, dying, and falling off, kind of like Skylar. Her blood was browning by the time the ambulance came, she died, and I guess you can say she fell in terms of her reputation. I always knew her as this sweet, innocent girl. Now, I know that she was just a mess, and she's done so many bad things. Yeah, she fell in a way.

Mark followed me to the tree where my friends sat. I sat there in silence and let out a few tears. Mark sat behind me and hugged me from behind. My friends looked at me, and continued crying. I cried harder as I started remembering everything that Skylar and I have gone through. More specifically, I remembered how close we got with each other once she dyed my hair for the first time. I still have a small amount of the hot pink left in my hair. I grabbed the few strands of hair that had the pink on it and brought it forward where I could see it. I just shook my head, eyes reddening from the tears, and whispered four words: "It's all my fault."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

writing about skylar's funeral made me wanna cry, which is why this chapter is shorter T___T r.i.p. skylar </3