Chapter 16

Carter's POV

Well- she kissed me....

And I kissed back.

I mean-

I got what I asked for- not really.

I know I have a crush on her but now I feel even worse.

She's not suppose to just throw her career like that out the window- but then again she didn't say she was.

But I really like her..

She kissed me back so she likes me too..

But then she's not throwing her career away because she didn't say she was so she must not like me the way I like her-

Not saying her throwing her life away is a card on the table! She's just not head over heels the way I am- unless this is her way of expressing it- but then again-

But for her to be so- casual about this..

I don't know anymore!

"It's even shittier that I can't just sit down and play however I feel..." I stared at my ceiling- roof- whatever the fuck it's called because I clearly don't know what to think or feel right now.

"Carter?" I recognized my dad's voice and I was extremely happy that he's home now.

"Hey Boomer," I opened my door and he tackles me with a big hug.

"I was thinking... you're turning eighteen pretty soon and all and I do mean Saturday, in less than a week soon..." he started and I put my hand to his mouth.

"No dad, I don't want anything," I cut him off and he just frowned and I laughed.

"Not the point," he removed my hand. "What would you think about a car?" He suggested.

"Mmm I'm okay with mom driving me around. I don't mind," I brushed off the idea. I'm in no rush with having my own car- especially in the streets of New York. It's not like I'll be cruising around town.

More like stop and go every three yards. I could probably walk to the rehearsal and get there the same time as my mom traffic is such a pain.

"You're a tough kid to satisfy, you know that?" He shrugged.

"It's kind of hard to satisfy me when I'm already satisfied with what I have," I reminded him and he smiled.

"You only turn eighteen once you know," he nudged me.

"You're only in my room because I let you, you know," I nudged him back and he put me in a headlock and ruffled my curls.

"Listen, I'm taking you to the car dealership later this week and whatever car you stare at the longest, I'm getting it," he made sure I heard him clear.

"Okay drill sergeant, what else?" I wiggled out of his grasp.

"Apparently you're grounded?" He changed the subject.

"Everyone went haywire yesterday, even Ms. Arturo because kids were pretending to play their part when I accompanied their music- it's not like I passed out or anything," I sighed.

"Carrying the weight of others can put a strain, I'm sure her and your mother were worried," he kissed my head.

"Yeah yeah yeah, I wish they wouldn't worry so much. I was fine- I'm still fine," I assured him.

"Maybe if you get your own car, that's one step to independence also meaning mama bear has less to worry about knowing you can take care of yourself," he found wiggle room to get me a car.