Chapter 27

Carter's POV

Crap.

Shit.

Crap.

Crap.

Shit.

Shit.

"Carter?" Eleanora's voice calls out at she softly knocks.

"Shit, shit," I frantically whispered to myself as I washed my face from my tears and ripped my collared shirt off of my body. I was completely burning up with so many nerves going on. Water splashed and now there was really no sense in me wearing this.

Thankfully I grabbed my pull over grey Nike hoodie and tied my hair up in a bun, my glasses were in its pockets and considering all the crying I've done, I really can't see shit.

I quickly sniffled and before Eleanora could knock again, she stops midway and takes in my presence as I opened the door.

With a swift stride, she enters the bathroom and shuts the door behind her to lock it.

I quickly rushed over to wrap my arms around her but she spins on her heel with me in her hands and pushes me against the wall.

She kisses my cheek tenderly before kissing my lips causing my cheeks to flush with heat. I have no idea what I did to deserve this, but I don't feel as shitty anymore.

"I'm gonna end rehearsal early, let's get out of here. You didn't deserve any of this," she whispered against me.

"I- I drove here, what place did you have in mind?" I was still in shock after everything that's gone down.

"My place. No interruptions. I want to make sure you're okay," she cups my face.

"I didn't even know what the results were," I mumbled knowing rushing out was the most disrespectful thing.

"You kept your promise, know that much," she wipes my tear as I was still crying.

"But was my best good enough? Do I get to stay?" I started to cry even harder at the thought of leaving like this and I only started to love music in this new direction of my life.

Big words coming from me because I just turned eighteen but- I like this new scope of things around me..

"Sent the bastard out like the trash he is, Carter, you were exceptional," I was reassured and I felt weight being dropped from my shoulders and now I was just crying out of relief..

I'm such a cry baby right now.

Everything just unraveled today; the forgotten trauma, the all too familiar sense of fear..

"We should hurry out of here before people start looking," Eleanora kisses the top of my head and I gave her one last squeeze.

"At least I'm not a minor..." I sighed and she giggled.

"We'll figure something out but in the meantime, I will be expecting you at my doorstep later this afternoon," her finger brushes the bottom of my chin before opening the door.

My mom met just in time and she wrapped her arms around me tight as ever, "I gave them a piece of my mind," she sighed and I giggled.

"I don't doubt that. Mama bear definitely scares me," I sniffled with a smile.

"Oh no sweetie, I went ex military on their asses and obliterated their nonsense so far up their asses, they swore something like this will never take place," she looked me dead in my eyes.

I've never seen that side of mom and hopefully I'll never have to in life..

"Mama bear?" Eleanora gains curious- Uh oh.

"She gets really protective," I tried to play it cool.

"As she should. Carter it's more than just a talent and or a skill you possess; it's a gift. Anyone that has the best intentions for you would protect your well being at all costs," Eleanora explained the situation and I swear to you, my mom just found another reason to love my conductor.

"And this is why I let you be around my kid- speaking about that, Carter why don't you and Eleanora spend some time together. It's been a while and I'm sure she has some great advice for you and your nerves when performing. You were completely wiped out after the first concert," my mom called me out.

"Has she really?" Eleanora grew concerned.

"Now that I think about it, I don't remember even seeing you in the rehearsal room when refreshments were given out.. did something happen?" She faces my mom and my mom put a hand on her shoulder.

"Nothing but just an overload on adrenaline and anxiety. She fell asleep the second she got in the car," my mom assured.

"No more talking, you two go make arrangements. I'm going home to touch up on cleaning hacks. Carter if you can't get home before your curfew, call me and stay the night at Eleanora's," she went commando on me.

"I- mom, you can't just dump that-

"Yes she can, I'm open that thought!" Eleanora butted in and placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Perfect," my mom whips out her keys and heads out the door.

"What's that about?" I tilted my head trying to get a read on my conductor. That was completely out of the ordinary for her.

"You don't think a sleepover would be fun and cute?" She looked at me as if I have no sense- which is true considering I wasn't anticipating on being in this position after everything else that's taken place.

"I don't have clothes to sleep in?" I tried to give a hint.

"I have plenty of oversized sweatshirts and what nots for you to wear," she said like she's thought about this countless times.

"Can we get pizza?" I got side tracked by the abrupt grumbling in my stomach and Eleanora was staring at my tummy too as she hear it growl quite loudly.

"I'll go make the phone call now," she went back to get her phone and gather her things.