Chapter 19

Eleanora's pov

I'm not sure why I'm checking my hair in my review mirror, it's literally a low pony tail that's loosely tied back and I have a few fly always shaping my face to be more- I don't know, my jaw looks longer like this and I have an oval structure making my eyes look more cat like with the eyeliner.

My thoughts drifted to Carter's grey cat eyes and how'd they sparkled whenever she'd look at me...

Melissa steps off her patio with a pastel mug in her hand- knowing her, this is probably her third cup and hopefully her last.

"Afternoon Arturo," she chirped and I rolled my eyes.

"Cut the shit," I went straight into it and Melissa sighed agreeingly.

"How long do you think you can keep this up? Frolicking with my ex fiancé in my face everytime I have to contact you about Carter. Does she even know?" I whispered lowly...

If anything with Carter, she can hear regardless if she's inside or not if I'm not too careful- her ears are sensitive.

"Know about what?" Melissa arched her brow and leaned onto my car door.

"That we have deep rooted history- as in we were once best friends and the fact she's fucking adopted. I be damned if she's related to that son of a bastard let alone you," i hissed making Melissa flinch.

"No need to be so ugly about it Eleanora. She just turned eighteen, why else would she have preferred to spend her day with us? It's the same day we took her in, of course she knows she's adopted. Carter would've been scarred for life if we dropped something like that on her out of nowhere," Melissa scoffed.

"Does she know about the triangle between me, you and George?" I pried.

"The white in her eyes would not be able to come to terms with that. We've already given the impression that we just met, for fuck sake Eleanora, give it a rest. If not for me and George, then for Carter. I know he left you at the alter that day but seriously? This is a kid- my kid," she informed me and tightened my grip on my steering wheel.

"You're not understanding; you can tell your daughter whatever you choose to please your well being, but do not expect me to cover up your secrets that are linked with my involvement to our past history by lying to Carter. She deserves the truth, whether or not it affects her, she should still be entitled to know," I justified myself and it gave Melissa to think on something.

"You have some nerve," she replied bitterly.

"And you-

"Mom! dad said I have to wear a dress," whining caught my ears and Melissa spun on her back heel facing Carter on the patio door step. She was wearing an oversized white tshirt that's damp as her silk blonde curly hair is freshly washed. Her skin was still soaked from her shower and goosebumps were starting to form as the autumn air brushed against her legs causing the muscles to tense and flex...

I care for her I do.

It's indescribably inconvenient that Carter is their daughter. I'm not out for vengeance trying to corrupt her for what her parents did to humiliate me years ago- that's not what this is at all...

Carter has a pull on me that I cannot deny.

"Hurry up and throw on your favorite ripped denims. Eleanora is already here," Melissa called and Carter's eyes widened from afar as she whirled back into the house shutting the door.

I found myself quietly giggling, but I immediately stopped when I noticed Melissa taking note.

"Look, I just don't want anything bad happening with this new slate we've came across. I mean no harm," I assured Melissa and she took another sigh.