Chapter 22

Eleanora's POV

This man just has a preference for popping up out of the most creepiest places one could think of.

"George," I said snobbishly.

"Oh, Ms. Arturo, I didn't catch you at a bad time did I?" He snuggly.

I almost gave the bastard a piece of my mind until prancing blonde curls entered my peripheral vision and Carter wraps her arms around her father.

"Hi dad!" She chirped and he squeezed her.

"How's my little concert master," George completely forgets about whatever snarky comment I thought he was going to make as his focus averts to Carter.

"You know pianists can't be concert pianist," Carter almost pouted and Georgina clicks his tongue.

"Oh I know, I know, you will always be my concert master," he kissed her one more time on the head before letting her loose.

"You're wrong-

Both of their heads snapped in my direction as they made eye contact with me in a questionable manner- which is fair.

"Ahem... pianists can be concert masters, for the holiday concert, I will host seating auditions. Sound fair," I felt the warmth of Carter as my hands rested on both sides of her shoulders and she smiled brightly.

"That would be really cool!" I could see her eyes twinkle.

"I'll have Michelle hand out the sheet music at the end of this concert and give everyone two weeks to learn the material to the best of their capabilities. Remember, the holiday concert is just weeks away," i noted as I gave one last squeeze with her in grasps before letting go.

My palms were hit with cold air and I wanted to be warm again...

"I know she's legally an adult, but seriously? I didn't think you had it in you to stoop that low?" George met my eyes with the most snarkiest grin.

"I have no idea what the hell you're talking about," I scoffedrace and I met him with a glare.

"I was engaged to you once, you never looked at me like that," he continues to get under my skin.

"You mean like how I actually give a damn about the girl? The second I saw you for the piece of shit that you still are, the look I have will always be the look I give whenever you're in my presence Mr. Cammery. She isn't like you which is a miracle considering Melissa is also her mother. By all means, call me out for being so admirable about how your kid didn't come out twisted like you," I was on the verge of losing my cool.

"Screw you," he spat and walked off bitterly.

I took a deep breath after punching the center of my brows at how much of a migraine that gave me and on top of that, Carter was in the middle of it and didn't even know it.

It's not place to tell her. Although it is my tangled past, it's still not my history to share- yet. If she asks me or finds a way to bring it up to my attention, I wouldn't dare hesitate to tell her the exact truth. She has such a good image of her parents, I'd be out of line to damage that image...

But I have to be more conscious and careful about what me and Carter do in public. I got carried away and let my emotions cloud my judgment. Carter's just excited to do a public performance after being in hiding for so long.

George's hurt ego threw him off of what could've been a catastrophe- me and Carter will talk about being discreet later.

But for now... she's so adorable with the way she lights up. I'm glad I get to be part of that.