Chapter 7

Carter's POV

Fuck fuck fuck

fuuuuuck.

It's Friday already?

I'm not ready. I haven't even practiced- oh wait I did before I showered this morning... and last night- DAMNIT!

I mentally face palmed myself in the head.

"Carter honey we're heading out, lunch and dinner is in the fridge, we'll be back Saturday morning. We love you. Nothing crazy please while you drive!" My mom called from down stairs.

"Shiiiiiit!" I groaned when the door closed.

I lay in my bed emotionally restless. My phone goes off and it's Ms. Arturo... she sent me her address.

"I can't do this. I can't I just can't. What if she says I'm not cut out for this?" I kill myself with my thoughts.

Ms. Arturo: See you around 10 :)

I threw my phone across the room. I panicked.

Shit, I should really go get that, Literally my future lies within it.

"Am I really doing this?" By the time I asked myself that I was already dressed in a black tight fitted crew neck T-shirt with black ripped jeans and a pair of green Jordan one's.

"I guess we're doing this." I shrugged.

I packed my music for the symphony because I honestly don't know what to expect in this. I mean- I have my binder, my log that keeps track of my weekly objectives and important questions for the week along with my notes for my music.

I don't think she'll think I'm crazy with the way I go about my studies- it's really effective. I've learned the concert music in advance already.

Brushing my teeth sucked because the after taste of anything is just awful. Drinking orange juice is suicide so I decided to go to Starbucks and get a large mocha frappe- mint and chocolate somewhat go together.

I grab the keys to mom's SUV since dad wants to be the top dog and take her out on the jet black Camaro. Nice car and all but a 69 Camaro is where the real beauty is at.

I look at the time and it's 9:45am. I guess I'm not getting that frappe because what the actual fuck man.

I grab the keys and my backpack that has my life investments: music- a spare jacket.. I got cold the last time, I'm not risking it. Bottled water, Uhhhh my air pods, found some Steak N' Shake coupons, I'll just get something to eat from there afterwards. My perfume! Wh- oh it's right here.

Totally forgot I need to eat something before the mint smell in my mouth wears off and then it becomes morning breath all over again.

Mmmmmm I look over and noticed a warm cup of unfinished coffee. I quickly grabbed it and took a quick whiff. "coconut, vanilla, and caramel. Hm would you look at that? Mom got some taste." I gulped down and swished it in my mouth and swallowed it.

God that is so good. I wiped my lips and ran out the house and locked the door.

Okay off we go.

<><><><><><>

I was feeling pretty confident about going to Ms. Arturo's house until I realized how close it actually was.

New York is one small place.

I pull up to her drive way and had a mini panic attack. I slapped myself, literally and put up karate hands telling myself to tighten up.

"You got this. You a bad bitch." I told myself as I looked at myself in the review mirror. Jesus I'm not convincing.