Chapter 41

Carters pov

"Is this better compared to the last time?" Dr Simmons pours me a cup of hot cocoa in her office.

"I actually liked being in an abandoned stage with a piano more," I admitted and she brightly smiled.

"I'll keep it noted. What's been going on this week?" She pulled out her laptop.

"My temper's getting worse, I don't know. Seeing Eleanora's helped quite a bit," I was contemplated and conflicted as to why I still have a grudge.

"Did you try- ahem, the recommendation?" She readjusted her glasses.

"N-no? I mean not exactly," I mumbled and she stops typing to eye me.

"The cast got in the way between me and el-

I stopped talking as her eyes lifted slightly.

"Well that's definitely a big girl step compared to what I advised. God- I know you didn't get far as you've said but-

"It was really genuine you know? I think I was the only one bothered by the cast. But she didn't seem to linger on," I explained.

"She's very observant of her partner, that's a good relationship you two have. She didn't even make it a big deal I assume. Played it off causally? Let the tension burn away naturally? Any cuddling, close contact to fill the empty void?" She actually read the situation better than I can remember it and I have a good memeroy.

"Uh- yeah actually she was snuggled into shoulder she sat in my lap and we watched tv before I went to my complex," I shrugged.

"What else is going on? Did you apply to any colleges?" Dr. Simmons seems more.... On the ball than usual. She's actually hitting her marks more accurately than usual.

"I applied to community college. I also wanted to see if it's a good idea to visit the man who did this to my arm?" I waved my cast sarcastically in the air and I could see her fighting the urge the crack up.

"Carter, you don't need to ask me for permission. My job is to advise and help make the best of every outcome in each decision you make. And Carter, this is the man who helped raise you, this is your father," she took off her glasses and rested her head into her hands.

"Well, I'm going to prepare for a day to see him.. any pointers on how I should go about it?" I shrugged that she's defending him too.

I mean-

"For starters, that's extremely mature of you to seek answers of your own by going to directly the source itself. Not a lot of people would even bring themselves to considering it," she started and I sat my empty cup of cocoa down.

"Tell him how you feel about what he did. Ask him questions. Sometimes the answer we're looking for isn't provided by a single question so showing a genuine interest of his perspective will provide you the closure on this incident," I found myself lightening up about the situation.

"Closure... that's sounds like the word I've been looking for about all of this," I stared off.

"Everyone does thing for reason. There's no such thing as not, there's always an explanation. It could even be tied back to their childhood experiences and not be accounted for until years down the road into adulthood," she reasoned.

"So even a sociopath isn't crazy?" I was actually interested.

"I won't get into thorough detail but I can jot down some of my favorite shows for you to indulge in this curiosity of seeing people from multiple perspectives," she actually started writing stuff on a note card.