Chapter 39

Carters pov

Mmmmm

There isn't much to go on- just yet.

I finished making my college portfolio- it's literally for local community college so I'm not sure why I put so much effort. Plus community college is cheaper and transferable to certain universities within region.

I wish I can just play my instrument...

I also wish I had a part time job- I like the groceries being delivered and things like that- I have no idea how much money my mom has but considering I only wanted sheet music when growing up... yeah my biggest expense was the car when I turned eighteen. But not even that seemed to bother my either of parents at the time. They seemed eager about it actually.....

Parents or parents?

My head is everywhere.

I have no idea what the hell im talking about.

My phone went off- I still haven't finished setting it up. I just know I can text, call and email.

"Hey mom," I chirped.

"Hey honey, how are you?" She checked with me as usual.

"A little hungry.. I ate a while ago. What's up,"  I flipped on my air mattress.

"Sounds like a great opportunity to see Eleanora for dinner later this evening," she giggled.

"Wait-

"Yes honey. I still want you to know that I'm aware and very much non-judgmental about you dating my best friend who is also slightly older than me... however, I will slide her across the floor if she ever breaks your heart," she was serious about the last part.

"You're not bothered?" I questioned.

"Only bothered by wondering how long you two would've been together if I hadn't been informed," she sassed.

"Fair enough," I quickly replied trying to avoid conflict.

"You know you're my whole world honey... I just want you to be happy," she sighed and I softly chuckled.

"I know all too well. But Eleanora cares about me. I can feel it," i chirped.

"You have your car keys? I know you can feel butterflies whenever you're excited about seeing her," she teased.

"Who told you about that?!" I felt my cheeks turn hot.

"Carter, I'm your mother. And I see how antsy you get whenever she's the one being talked about or the one talking. I just didn't understand at first. I really thought you were excited about being in the music world again publicly," she almost giggled at my behavior.

"Both are true. I didn't expect myself to be in a favorable position with her and to enjoy performing publicly again... I can recall the few times I was happy with music and she was by my side in each memory.. but most importantly, I can remember the happy times I did experience music before her coming into my life," i dreamily sighed.

"I- Carter you have a curfew okay? No lingering or staying the night. No leaving the house unless it's back to the loft okay?" She sounded all jittery.

"Um- okay mom... don't forget to take care of yourself too," I was also concerned.

"Please, I'm your mom," she made me giggle with her humor.

"When is it expected for me to be able to come back home to visit you..." I mumbled.

"Visit- Carter, would you like to continue living on your own after things settle down with the divorce?" She sounded really REALLY concerned.