Chapter 1

Carter's pov

"Carter you gotta get up and going sweetie, you don't want to be late!" My mom called. I mean- I have exactly 34 minutes to get ready- make it 33 minutes.

I groan in misery having to leave one of the most comfortable places known to all: my bed.

Okay, I actually do want to go to orientation. That audition for the piano player was somewhat crucial because there can only be one and I was the one.

Apart from the "there can only be one" sense, everything was done with my eyes closed. It was easy to me.

I stretch out and released a big yawn but I jerk my head back at the repulsive smell of my breath. "Ewww". I start to giggle because it's natural to have morning breath but sheesh it smells.

I quickly wash my face, brush my teeth and put on a face mask before I hopped in the shower. It seemed like it was a very smart idea because you might as well be productive while a person waits for the water to get hot.

Those 15 minutes were the best 15 minutes I've ever spent. The water was great and I accomplished a lot with satisfying results of my skin complexion from head to toe shimmered in water. I wipe down the steam from the mirror and look at my body. Honestly I have a nice body for not playing sports. I'm not even a body builder like those crazy work out junkies on social media. I softly chuckle and applied my rose oil to my face and sprayed my cucumber toner. I giggled while I applied the face mist, it made me feel like I was luxurious...

Carter, we're middle class. Lavishly broke, we are lavishly broke.

I should make that a playlist name.

I quickly grabbed my cocoa butter and gently lathered a thin layer of it on my body. My skin was smoother than before and it glistened a nice tone of honey and rose. I enjoy applying moisturizer because I get to feel the curves of my body. My favorite part of my body was surely my forearms. They were nicely toned and sculpted since I play piano a lot. My veins popped from the hot shower and shined in every movement I made. Even without the shower, they just naturally pop out when it's hot. The heat just adds some bulge. but I couldn't do this forever, I had to figure out what to do with my hair and what I was wearing.

Looking at myself in the bedroom mirror as I dropped the towel, I thought about what clothes would look good and should I keep my hair down or up in a messy bun.

I sigh, "I don't want to over dress but I want to look classy without demanding to be classy. Ugh sometimes I wish I was boy... SIKE" I burst out laughing at my joke, no way.

I love girls and being one- ugh they're just so sexy and adorable all in one wrap and 9 times out of 10 the hygiene is soooo much better. Don't even get me started about how analytical conversations can be.

"I have 10 minutes. Fuck me- figuratively and literally," I groaned.

I threw on what I thought was a white t-shirt, which technically it was... it's a short sleeve body suit... whatever it hugs my arms nicely exposing my left bicep vein just right. I slipped into some baby blue jeans and laced up my white air forces. This is classy.

I wasn't really sure what to do with my hair. I thought about a bun or a low pony tail but I think I'm pretty cute with it down . And could use a trim; it's getting past my shoulders and I like it above.

"Carter! Sweetie! now!"

"Coming mom!" I called back. I've never played in my local symphony orchestra before.

Actually I've never played in an orchestra at all,  I am absolutely nervous as to what's coming my way. I know the violinist and cellists and the bass player of my group are all like 12 to 13 year olds because i did put in the application that this is my first year but I've been playing music- all my life as a soloist. But being a pianist automatically makes me the elitist and aka 'the example'.

but I really don't know what I'll be doing and how important my role is. I sound stupid, I'm the one and only piano player, of course I'm important. I fluff up my hair one more time, spray my favorite Burberry perfume and run down the stairs to the door to meet up with my mom.

"you look beautiful," my mom said in awe making me smile.

"Thanks mom, I learned it from the best," I winked jokingly as she playfully punches my shoulder as we got in the car. I looked in the mirror of the passenger seat and applied my chapstick since I left my lip gloss at home. It was sigh worthy but I shoved that feeling past me.

"What time is dad coming home? And can I drive us back?" I wiggle my feet in the car. I waited for my mom go park the car in front of this gigantic building in front of us providing legitimate shade over our car.

"A little before dinner and yes. Easy on the R&B choices, you're a young lady I know but keep your hormones in check. I'm not ready to be the neighborhood's sexiest grandmother."

I nearly choked on my own spit. "MOMMM!" I yelled in disgust as she laughed.

"I can just adopt, I don't want such a thing thrusting inside me.." I mumbled under my breath. And honestly I feel sorry for straight girls.

They have to worry about getting pregnant but at the same time, us gay people got to worry about getting crucified and set flame on the cross for being the way we were created.

This shit crazy either way as a female in this world.

Trust me, I could never come out to my parents and my dad is military? He comes home today for a few months and I'm excited to see him but he cannot go through a day with out at least giving one weird look whenever a 'weirdo' is presented. And nobody is weird- unless they're ignorant, a rapist and a racist- actually, there are a lot of weirdos out there but the rainbow flag ain it.

Believe me, if I could choose to be straight I would. But the thought of a woman's love... I don't even have mommy issues and I still crave it.

I want my parents to be happy and proud of me. Just imagine the people who swore they'd always love and adore you just throw you out the streets because of this one 'flaw'.

To be continued