Chapter 20

Carter's POV 

"I thought we were getting burgers and fries," I nearly pouted.

I didn't mean to, it's just I really wanted a chocolate milkshake to dip my fries in- I haven't had a good burger in a while...

"It just came across my mind that there's a festival here in Central Park about almost any and every food you could possibly think of eating," Ms. Arturo parks her car in a loaded parking lot..

I could feel my heart damn near burst out of my chest.. all of these people. I'm still in the car and I can hear their voices.

It's hot.

I can't-

"Although a burger is nice, aren't you curious to try foods you've never tasted and listen to music you're not familiar with?" A warm hand holds the top of mine bringing me back into reality.

"When you put it like that..." I mumbled and Ms. Arturo giggled.

"There's nothing to be afraid of- I promise tonight will be memorable," I received a gentle squeeze from her grasp.

"Th-thank you Ms. Arturo," I fumbled miserably and she lifts my chin with her finger.

"What was the one rule I gave you?" She arched a brow that carefully sized me up and down- god, how can a woman be so-

"Call you by Eleanora outside of the symphony," I spoke up.

"Mmmmm correct," she licked her lips as her thumb stroked the bottom of my as she gently tugs on it.

"Sorry," I muttered and I could feel my cheeks burn and she swiftly lowered my chin forcing me to look directly into her eyes.

"Sorry, what?" She smirked and if I had been standing rather sitting, my legs would have given out by now.

"I'm sorry Eleanora," I did my best to not stutter and she carefully plants a gentle kiss on my lips...

I could feel her smile just by the way she presses her skin onto mine.

She's my obsession.

I stiffened a moan as she was gently pulling away, but she came back to deepen the kiss as her fingers laced the back of my neck and my right hand cupped the side of her cheek, while my left rested just barely at the center of her collar bone.

The smell of crisp apples with a light smell of nutmeg blinded my senses briefly until I opened my eyes again to find Eleanora's hazel brown pupils dilating into me, twinkling with street lamp posts-

The festival... I forgot where we were.

I hid in my curls embarrassed that I got lost in the moment.

"Any second longer, I would've driven you back to my house," a small scoff escaped Ms. Art- I mean, Eleanora's lips...

My eyes widened at what she said she playfully shoved my shoulder, "stop being silly, you're eighteen!" She was laughing care freely but I remained Star struck.

"I didn't think you saw me that way..." I was completely flustered and Eleanora's laughs died down as a hunger in her eyes started to grow but she shook her head trying to break free of whatever it was that came across her mind.

"I think any person who has an interest in you would," she recovered herself.

"Good thing you're my only interest," I started unbuckling my seatbelt and the second I opened the door, my ears were overloaded with blaring commotions of chattering and excitement.