Embrace Me

*mature content ahead*

Embrace  /ɪmˈbreɪs, ɛmˈbreɪs/ - hold (someone) closely in one's arms, especially as a sign of affection.

****************

"Embrace me"

Jungkook smiled and pulled the smaller, wrapping his arms around him as his life depended on it. "Feeling better, hyung?" He asked as soft as a feather, nudging his head below gently to have a look at the boy in his hold.

"Hmm....never felt better," The older one whispered as he buried his face in Jungkook's chest and sniffled his warmth and familiar scent, making the younger let out a giggle. "H-Hyung...It tickles-"

The giggle made Jimin feel better every time. It was that giggle, that made Jimin's ears tingle and his skin tighten with goosebumps all over it. It was Jungkook's giggles that made his weak and heavy heart feel lighter, even if it was for a short time.

After all, it was Jungkook who added more days to his short life.

Jungook pulled over from the hug and glanced at the boy before him, lying on the hospital bed with glazed visions. "Hyung..." Jungkook sighed at him "What did I say to you...?" He furrowed his brows and pulled his lips into a pout as he rubbed his thumb over Jimin's damp eyes.

Jimin chuckled and grabbed Jungkook's hand from his face. "No tears...I do remember it, my giant baby," he smiled and kissed his knuckles gently. "Go now...it's time,"

Jimin laid down, resting his head on the headrest as he watched Jungkook wave at him multiple times, like a kid leaving his mom to his first day of school. Jimin couldn't help but cackle when Jungkook nearly stumbled with a nurse on the way and bowed before her, rubbing his nape in embarrassment.

In few seconds, Jungkook was out of appearance and so was Jimin's smile. He let out a sigh and turned his head to the side, viewing the dark sky with millions of twinkling dots scattered across. The flickering stars reminded him of the gleaming galaxy held in Jungkook's eyes. He smiled to himself, enjoying the view like he was seeing it for the last time, or maybe it was.

Jimin woke up to a cool breeze hitting his yellow-painted skin by the morning rays of the rising run. He fluttered his eyes open and let out a tired sigh.

"Ah...I'm still alive,"

He just kept starting unconditionally at the white boring hospital ceiling like it was his daily routine thing.

He cannot deny but accept the truth that he was unfortunately born with an ill heart. The fact that he was sick and couldn't be cured was something he had to live throughout his life, not being aware of how long could it last.

At the age of ten, when even the doctors that were treating him had lost hope when even his parents who raised him had left him and the patient himself had given up on his life, there was this boy who made a tiny ounce of hope cultivate in Jimin's heart.

A cute, diddly, bunny toothed, doe-eyed eight-year-old, who gleamed at Jimin like he was his everything.

Jimin still remembers the way he hugged Jimin and confided, "Don't worry, hyung! I will grow up strong and powerful to protect you. I'll not let anything happen to you, Hyung!" 

The way Jimin chuckled a tear and hide his face in the younger's shoulder, getting pleased his small arms wrapped around his trunk....in his embrace. 

Jimin didn't realise but as time grew by and as his small baby grew up healthier, he'd fall for him, not brotherly, not fatherly but romantically. He didn't realise when did he fall in love with his embraces. Though his arms were slightly longer, muscular and warmer this time, the embrace was still the same to Jimin.