nine-one-one

*play 'late night melancholy' throughout this story and I can guarantee it, you'll read it better*

*******

Jimin gets called in. He stares as the officer hands him a brown box.

The officer looks at the small four year old boy holding Jimin's fingers beside him. He looks up at the officer and hides behind Jimin like in fear.

"No Jungminnie...he's a police officer. He's not a bad person. He's a very nice man." Jimin whispers to the kid.

"Like dada?" the toddler mumbles.

"Yes. Just like daddy." Jimin smiles as the officer reaches out and carries him in his arms.

"Do you like ice cream?" he asks the kid. The kid nods. "Shall we get some while Papa is busy here?" the officer wiggles his brows.

"Yes! yes!! bye papa!!" he giggles.

Jimin watches the kid and waves him goodbye and officer out of the room, and turns to the front again. He pulls the box near him and grabs a tape, looking at it and raises a brow.

"What's this?"

The lady officer takes it from his hand and puts on recorder.

"....his message for you." she sighs and plays the tape.

~five days ago~

"Hello 911...what is your emergency?"

"Hi umm, I'm....m-my name is J-Jungkook. It's not an emergency but, I-I'd like to leave a message for someone,"

The man's voice was only breaths, and a lot of shutters, which made the lady question him again.

"Are you alright sir?"

"I'm fine." he huffs. "I-...." he takes a deep breath. "I'm fine, just leave my message for somebody please-"

She signals the officers beside her to track down the call, but for some reasons it can't be located.

"Listen." The man speaks out, again in whispers making the lady snap back to the call.

"Please. I-...I don't have any other ways and I can't talk to my husband at the moment. I-I dont want to actually-...so please..."

It's her work to help the callers but also to listen and acknowledge whatever they're saying.

The rescuer sighs a breath on the other side. "Okay sir, we can convey your message to him."

"Is this call being r-recorded?" he shutters.

"Yes sir." the lady replies.

"J-Jimin..." he whispers. "I know you might be in bed right now. I know you are having a good night's sleep, probably dreaming about your husband returning from Paris. dreaming about me at your door in the morning, dreaming me taking you right there in my arms and hugging you tightly. Are you dreaming about me?"

He chuckles a breath, the 911 callers just listening to him speak quietly.

"Remember when I told you? That our difficult days are over? And that we can live together, peacefully, without being judged, without being criticised for our sexuality? Remember when I told you I'd be there with you in your every step of life?"

His voice became shaky and tfe words slowly started turning to sobs. The 911 callers looked at each other with concerned eyes.

"I-..." he paused. "I don't think I can make it this time..." he cries. "I won't be there to hug you tight, I won't be there to see you smile, kiss your face and admire your crescent eyes baby. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry Jimin. "