Days Gone

[Content Warning:
This chapter contains Stockholm Syndrome symptoms and some themes of sexual abuse. If you or someone you know if going through any form of abuse, please reach out.

You can call 1-800-656-4673 — a 24/7 hotline for victims of sexual abuse.
You can also text the Crisis Text Line.
Text HOME to 741-741.

This is your warning! Proceed with causation.]

The tension in the air had gotten thicker in the time you were imprisoned with Hawks. On the news, you saw reports of Dabi — quiet literally — turning the city upside down looking for you. Hawkes would make a point to turn off the news if any of Dabi's messages to you even seemingly appeared on TV.

That's only because on one night, Hawks was extremely close to kissing you but the news flicked on and Dabi had lit a field of wheat ablaze with your initials in it, when you saw that, with the flaming heart, you moved away from Hawks and shut down that next week. Eventually, after that week, you calmed down and actually began allowing him to at least hug you when he came to your room to check on you.

23 days after Capture

Hawks flew after you, covered in flour. "Come here! You little flour demon!"

Laughing and screaming, you slammed the door to the master bathroom. "YOU DESERVED THAT! You know you did!"

A loud thud erupted from the other side of the door as it jarred in the door frame. When you heard the loud bang, you swung open the door and looked at the floor with a worried expression. Only to see Hawks feet standing firm on the ground, curiously you looked up at Hawks would walked in slowly, backing you up towards the ottoman in the middle of the large bathroom.

"Hawks... uh..." You we're going to try and talk your way out of it but ended up just stammering over yourself until your legs hit to ottoman and fell back onto it.

You sat up and looked up at him. You face growing red as one of his feathers closed the door behind him slowly. "So... for your punishment." He debated as he lifted his shirt off revealing abs lightly dusted with flour.

"Uh... um... w-wait.. we ordered... we ordered take out what i-" You stuttered like a buffoon as he put his knee between your legs and leaned down, flour from his hair sifting off onto your shirt.

"We paid with credit, remember. They can leave it in the delivery box." A few feathers detached themselves from his wings and fluttered around your neck and in generally sensitive areas (neck, behind the ears, sifting through your hair ya nasties).

You shivered are their softness, closing your eyes and hiding your neck. When you opened your eyes again, Hawks was inches away from your lips. "Hawks..."

His eyes locked with yours. "Y/N..." He breathed calmly, his hand cupping your cheek. "Can I kiss you?"

Your face got bright red. You still loved Dabi but... being with Hawks these last few days. Seeing his laugh and his smile... you nodded softly. Your hand resting now on his exposed chest as he locked lips with you. Your eyes closing as you felt on of the feathers running down your spine.

You nudged closer to him, his hands snaking under your shirt and lifting it up. For a moment you got lost in the kiss and in him caressing you but then you thought you heard Dabi's laugh and backed away from Hawks. "I... um.. I don't think I want to go any further... I'm s-"

Hawks covered your mouth and looked you in the eyes. "Don't say sorry for that. I understand." He said as he removed his hand and kissed your head, sitting by you.

You grew a bright blush from the unexpected understanding. "Thank you..." You muttered as you leaned into him.

"You should know, Y/N... I have been falling for you..." He admitted as he ran his fingers through your hair.

"Like falling down the stairs?"

He coughed out a laugh. "No! Like..." He smiled at you. "Like falling in love with you. Despite the circumstances."

You took a deep breath. Your emotions now tangled within themselves as you thought of Dabi and Hawks. Soon, the doorbell rang and Hawks left the bathroom.

[Words written: 736]