Packing

2days before your job

You woke up and looked to where Dabi should've been but found an empty space. You nearly cried, thinking it was a dream, until you sat up with a heavy groan and heard Dabi yell from the kitchen.

"Good morning! Go take a shower, I laid a towel out for you. Oh and there's clothes on your dresser."

You smiled, still too sleepy to reply with a full sentence and only gave a heavy frown as an answer which followed by hearing Dabi laugh. You went to the shower and after getting that done, you got dressed and met Dabi in the kitchen just as he finished making breakfast. He sat your plate down to you with a cup of orange juice and sat beside you as you began eating.

"Mm... This is so good! When did you get the time to learn how to cook?" You asked looking at him.

He shrugged. "I took a couple part time jobs in Middle School with restaurants while Dad wasn't paying attention. I tried to save up cash to leave before high school but... when I met you... I just kept hoarding cash."

You laughed. "Really? So you probably had to rush a lot whenever he got home for your training, huh?"

"Mhm... Once I came home with my work clothes on and had to spend an hour explaining that I bought the shirt from the restaurant cause I really liked their food." Dabi chuckled.

You laughed quite a bit at this and for almost 20-25 minutes you and Dabi did nothing more than talk and laugh. He helped you clean the dishes after you both finished eating and then you both started to watch a movie until you realized the time had flown by to 5pm.

You scuttled to your feet. "I gotta pack for a job! I totally forgot." You said as you went to your room. Dabi seemed like he was going to attempt to protest but when he got a text on his phone from his associate, he stopped you from packing and grabbed your hands.

You were going to tell him to let you keep packing and not to try and keep you from the job but he surprised you with a kiss and smiled. "I gotta go. I love you. Be safe." He said simply catching you completely off guard.

He turned to leave and in a fluster you ran after him and yelled. "I love you too, you flaming idiot! Be careful. Whatever you're working with."

Dabi waved and left leaving you to pack for tomorrow's train ride.