Graduation

Before you knew it, Graduation Day at U.A. high was here. You still couldn't stop thinking about Touya, though. About what injures and deformities his own Father could've possibly inflicted on him. You nearly didn't hear your name called until a few classmates poked and screamed for you! It was embarrassing but had they known what you were thinking about, they probably wouldn't have even come to the graduation.

Nonetheless, you gathered yourself and went up on the stage, shaking Principal Nezu's hand, and left the stage in a haste. Nezu noticed but said nothing. Back at your seat, you stared at your graduation certificate and sighed. You hadn't been paying attention, or at least you thought you hadn't, until you heard... well, didn't hear, Touya's name. You were ahead of him since your name came before the T's. This disturbed you greatly.

~

An hour after the graduation was over, you all went to the cafeteria and met up with your parents but before you could rejoin yours, Principal Nezu tapped your hand. Being 2'9 1/2", that's pretty much all he could do. As he did, you didn't hesitate to look down at him and squat to meet his eyeline.

"Hello, Principal Nezu!" You said in a cheerful manner. "The graduation was great! I—" But before you could continue any farther, Nezu covered your mother with his paw and shook his head.

"Y/N, I've known you for nearly 4 years now. There's no use in hiding behind that fake smile of yours! You should know better by now that fake smiles just instill fake hope into your peers."

You frowned and hid your nose down within your knees. "...Right." You replied with a sigh.

Nezu shook his head and put his paws on your knees. "Even a Pro Hero has to vent their emotions to someone, Y/N." He said in an advising tone.

It took a moment before you lowered your voice and talked to Nezu. "Principal Nezu... Why wasn't Touya's name in the roster? Normally, when a student goes missing or they've missed school too much, they'd be called in front of a court with their parent. But Touya's been missing for 3 and a half months now and no one has raised a fuss!"

Nezu seemed surprised by this but shushed you. "A rising Pro Hero should know to investigate these things with the help of close allies and sometimes police help. However, given the..." Nezu cleared his throat. "circumstances, it would be best for some Pro Heroes to work on their own and be careful who to trust."

You looked at him in shock at first but then nodded. "Right... Yeah, you're right... I'm not a Pro yet... But Touya probably just... Got a job across the city." You replied, going along with the Principal's obvious suggestions.

That night and weeks after that, you began researched as much as you could on where he could've been seen last, if there were any reports of blue flames, or anything else like that. You didn't expect to find out that Touya's blue flames were seen at the scene of a murder. The basic public report said blue flames were seen 8 hours before someone reported smoke in a back alley where police found a John Doe burnt to a crisp.

Your heart sunk at this and from then on you made it your sole mission to track down Touya and prove his innocence, if not for anyone else but for yourself.

~~

Words Written: 588