Sidekick

A week after you graduated, you were approached by a few hero agencies that wished to make you a Pro Heroes sidekick. Still distracted by Touya missing, you held back on replying until you realized one of the agencies was in a town where Touya and you use to go occasionally to hang out. You two weren't good friends but you were still the kind of friends that would go out every couple weeks and vent about life.

Hoping that Touya had the smallest bit of regret for just leaving you in the dark, you took the sidekick position at that agency.

~

In the months to come, you worked hard in your position. You got praised by your employers, your parents, and friends. A couple people from high school had gotten married and others pregnant. As you seen their lives grow, there was still no sign of anyone reporting Touya missing. You would've reported him after graduation but remembering what Principal Nezu said, you never said anything to police.

Then a year later, after your 20th birthday, you heard about the attack on Class 1-A while they were at the USJ. Still on school grounds. Your heart sank when you heard it and you could barely keep your breathing normal. You were sent home early for a severe panic attack that nearly left you on the floor of your agency. On your way home, you noticed a man in a crowd that looked similar to Touya but thinking it was nothing more than your nerves, you ignored it and went straight home.

~

3 and a half weeks after the USJ Incident

The U.A. Sports festival had just ended a week and a half ago, it was amazing! The top 5 ranking players were going to make amazing Pro Heroes one day. You knew it with your soul!

Back at work, things weren't as "cool" though. Recently, the Hero Killer Stain had popped his ugly head back up in Hosu City — a town over from where you were stationed with your agency — and your patrols were getting farther and longer. It was irritating to know that someone like the hero killer had killed so many people and with an unknown quirk at that.

You knew it had to be scary for the Class 1-A and other students getting to do their sidekick training in Hosu City or even nearby! Never having this type of scare, you couldn't imagine how scared they couldn't been. Or so you thought.

A week later, you heard of 3 U.A. High students who weren't named and the Number Two Hero Endeavor being praised profusely for capturing the Hero Killer. You probably would've been in the middle of that fight too had you not been doing evacuations and damage control because of, what your boss called, Nomu's from the League of Villains showing up.

You had to be hospitalized after that incident because of another severe panic attack. You had supposedly been patrolling during the night when a estranged "Nomu" — by your understanding of what the doctor said you stated when you came in half conscious — tried to attack you. From what you could get from the doctor reading back the nurses notes, a man with black hair and blue fire barely saved you.

You were rambling about Touya and how you needed to leave to find him but the doctors and nurses just figured you had been saved by Endeavor since he had to use his blue flames to incinerate an Nomu during the Hosu Incident. Thankfully, you only had minor injuries so they basically boiled it down to:

I was out alone during a patrol after the Hosu Incident and encountered multiple villains but Endeavor was there to save me! Yay!

Which rightfully annoyed you. You looked at the bruises on your arms but couldn't remember exactly what happened. Only flashes on blue fire, heat, yelling, and bright deep blue eyes. You called your boss after waking up in the hospital and told him the basics. He said that you were okay to stay homebound for a couple days to recover.

~

Stains Empathizers

A day before you when back to your job, you were picking up some groceries and clothes in Hosu City when you heard the news talking about the Hero Killers "backstory" and his reasons behind killing "false" heroes. It annoyed you greatly. He had killed a single mother that you had went to school with and that was something you could not forgive him for. No matter what.

You were about to walk away when you noticed a man with deep blue eyes and black hair with scars. Burn scars. Staring at the screen but then at you. You started to push through the crowd to talk to him but made the mistake of calling out.

"Touya!?" You yelled out as you got close to him.

The man jumped back into reality and turned to run just making you more curious. You pushed people and started sprinting towards him, following him into an alleyway.

"Touya!?" You cried out again. Your voice started to shake with an undying hope. "Touya!! Please. Please! Touya, is that you!?"

There was no answer until you heard shoes clack against the concrete behind you as if they had fallen there. You spun around to look at the owner of the shoes only to be pulled into a tight hug, your hands resting on this strangers chest.

~~

Words written: 914