༅ V ༅

I sat folding clothes at the dining room table while my boys slept in my bed. I finished up the towels I was folding, splitting them between mine and their bathroom closet.

I went to get Riley's dirty clothes from his room, some of which were under his bed and on the floor near the hamper. I picked everything up and took them to the laundry room to wash. I put his clothes in the washer then went to get Huey's from the table.

I folded and loaded his clean clothes into a basket then took them to his room and put them away. I picked up his books and placed them back on the shelf then straightened up his desk.

I closed his workbook and put it in his book bag then put his iPad on the charger and went to get a few things to clean with.

I grabbed the carpet refresher, vacuum, a towel, and furniture polish, then headed back to his room. I dusted and polished his desk and bed frame then sprinkled carpet refresher on the floor and vacuumed.

The last thing I needed to do was make his bed. I adjusted his fitted sheet and bed skirt then pulled up the second sheet. I tucked the bottom half of it then pulled his comforter over it. I put his pillows on the bed then grabbed the throw pillows from his closet to finish his bed.

I looked around the room to make sure I hadn't forgotten anything. I turned off the light and closed the door as I walked out.

I went to Riley's room next. I picked up the toys he'd left out then put them away. I dusted his desk and action figure shelf then plugged in his iPad, made his bed, dusted, and vacuumed.

I left his room and checked the time again. Damn, it's already 1:24?

I went back into the boys' rooms to pick chill outfits for them, since we weren't actually going anywhere, and I didn't want to mess up their good clothes for no reason.

I took the outfits into my room and found the boys still asleep.

I put their clothes on my bed then quietly left the room. I headed to the laundry room to dry Riley's clothes then started getting everything ready for dinner.

I washed the meat then prepped it to be fried and started my grease.

The moment I started frying the chicken, I heard stirring down the hall. "Nope, get back in the room. It ain't nowhere near time to eat," I called.

The footsteps receded, and my bedroom door closed again. I chuckled softly and shook my head as I went back to cooking.

I made fried chicken, macaroni and cheese, collard greens, and cornbread, and covered everything before going to get ready.

I went into my room to find the boys sitting on my bed and watching BET

I raised an eyebrow, "What y'all know about Baby Boy?"