༅ XXXIII ༅

Kei and I were both up getting ready for work when my phone started ringing. She picked it up from the bathroom counter and brought it to me with a smirk, "Your man's calling."

I rolled my eyes, "You are so childish."

______________

Incoming Call: Insomniac❣️

"Hello?"

To my surprise, I heard Eri's voice. Mommy!

"Good morning, baby cakes."

Help! Daddy's trying to kill me! He put a sparkus in my lunch!

It took me a moment to realize she meant 'asparagus'.

I could hear Shouta's exasperated sigh in the background and tried not to laugh. "You sure he's trying to kill you? I think he just wants you to eat healthy."

I hate a sparkus!

"Aw, really? Mommy loves asparagus. It's my favorite." Kei gave me a disgusted side eye and I instantly snickered.

Really?

"Really. Just try it for me. Please?"

Okay, she grumbled.

"Bye, pretty girl. Give the phone back to daddy."

Bye, mommy! I heard Shouta's voice next. Thank you, he sighed.

"You're welcome. I'm gonna be late today. I have to talk to Riley's principal."

Is he in trouble for something?

"No, thankfully. Some kids have been picking on him for a while now, that's stopping today."

Okay, well, let me know how it goes. I guess I'll see you later.

"Do you want me to bring you anything when I come?"

Coffee would be nice if you feel like stopping.

"Okay. Bye, honey."

Bye, beautiful.

[call ended]
________________

"Asparagus is your favorite?" Kei instantly asked.

"Girl, hell no. That shit disgusting," I scoffed.

She laughed, "Oh, you are so wrong. That pour baby is gonna suffer."

"She only likes carrots, green beans, and collard greens, but she's such a picky eater so she won't eat the same thing too many times in a row. I didn't have a choice. Plus she's a growing child, she needs the vitamins," I explained.

"I've never been so thankful to have a little boy that'll eat anything," she replied, shaking her head as she got Zahair dressed.

"Mommy, can I have green spicy apples?" he asked.

She sighed, "I'll get you some on the way home tonight. Go potty so we can get ready to go."

I was completely lost, "What the hell is a 'green spicy apple'?"

She rolled her eyes in exhaustion, "A damn green bell pepper. He eats them like candy."

"Your child is weird," I laughed.

She snickered, "I know."

"