༅ XXVIII ༅

We were three weeks into our stay at Shouta's and my boys were getting tired of it.

Well, they were getting tired of sharing a bed with me.

Eri had moved back to her room within the first week after realizing I'd still be there when she woke up in the morning, and the boys and I were staying in the guest room like we'd originally planned.

Riley and Huey woke me up early as fuck. I mean, ass crack of dawn early.

"What?" I mumbled with my eyes still closed.

"Can you please go get in the bed with Shouta or something? It's too hot for all of us to be in here," Huey complained.

"Nigga, the air conditioner on."

"But you got body heat and we wanna stretch out," Riley complained.

I opened my eyes to find them both sitting in my face, waiting for me to move. "First of all, don't be watching me sleep like that-"

"You talking, you not sleep," Huey interrupted.

"If my eyes closed, I'm sleep."

"So you sleep every time you blink?" Riley asked.

I glared at them, "Shut the hell up. And anyway, I thought y'all didn't want me sleeping in his room."

"We don't care anymore. Just don't sleep with us," Huey sighed.

"So y'all are kicking me out?" I pouted.

"Yeah, but we love you," he assured.

"Doesn't feel like it."

"You can still play with us," Riley offered.

I rolled my eyes and got up, "I don't wanna hear it. I can see when I'm not wanted."

"Can you still make the cheesecake?" he requested.

"I just got kicked out, but you still asking for shit?"

"Please," they both begged.

"I might," I muttered, kissing their heads as they laid down to go back to sleep. I left the guest room to head for Shouta's, internally celebrating at the thought.

Huey came out behind me. "Ma," he whispered. I looked back at him. "Don't do nothing stupid," he glared.

I faced him and crossed my arms, "Define 'stupid'."

"You know exactly what I mean. We both know you like him, don't make me regret this."

"I'm sorry. Which one of us is the adult here?"

"Momma," he called sternly.

I rolled my eyes, "I'm not gonna do anything. Go to sleep."

"Okay," he replied skeptically.