"Study Date" (short)

Hitoshi slept a full five hours before finally shifting to wake up. He was warm, unreasonably warm compared to how he usually woke up.

His eyes finally blinked opened and focused on a Rolling Stones t-shirt. He furrowed his brows shortly before lifting his head to find eyes staring right back at him.

"What time is it?" Hitoshi asked, trying to ignore how fast his heart was beating and hoping the other couldn't feel it, too.

"A little after nine."

"Tetsu, you missed curfew," Hitoshi scolded.

"I didn't want to leave without telling you," he shrugged.

"So wake me up!"

He raised a gentle hand to the other's cheek, "We talk every day and you told me you haven't been sleeping well, so why would I wake you up when you finally were?"

"So you wouldn't miss curfew!" Hitoshi insisted.

Tetsu laughed, "You're not the one in trouble. Why are you so upset?"

"Because it's my fault that you are," he pouted.

"You were in my class before you switched to Class A. I was just spending time with an old classmate and lost track of time. Northern Meadow's a big softie, she'll go for it," Tetsutetsu assured confidently.

Hitoshi chuckled, "She seems like it. I'm betting Shiozaki's her favorite."

"Oh, obviously," he scoffed as they both laughed.

"Thanks for staying so long, but you should go before you get in real trouble."

"Do you want me to?"

"Tetsu..." he sighed, his eyes dropping.

That same hand stroked his cheek to lift his gaze again, "Hitoshi. Do you want me to stay longer?"

Shit, he thought, feeling tears flood his eyes. He nodded as they fell, being pulled into a warm embrace a moment later. That broke him. He sobbed into Tetsutetsu's chest, soaking his t-shirt in the process.

"They sent him on a suicide mission," he choked out.

"Mr. Aizawa's tough man! And he's the Stealth Hero, so he's basically a spy anyway. He'll be fine. I'm sure he'll be home in a few days," Tetsutetsu encouraged.

"We haven't heard anything for two days. He always checks in with us. What if-?"

"Stop it."

"But-"

"Stop, Hitoshi," he quieted. "He's gonna be fine. He'll finish his mission and come home like he always does."

Hitoshi only nodded.

"Wanna play Fortnite? That always makes us feel better," Tetsutetsu offered, to which Hitoshi nodded again.

He set up his system and gave the other a controller before laying in his lap to play. A red blush slowly dusted Tetsutesu's cheeks, becoming a bit brighter each time he stole another glance.

He'd die again every couple of minutes, and Hitoshi sighed before sitting up.

"Tetsu, what are you doing? I literally watched the same guy kill you three times in a row."