༅ XX ༅

Friday evening, once my boys had already finished homework, had dinner, and been taken to practice, I went to my dad's house.

I rang the doorbell repeatedly until he opened the door.

"Goddamn it, Y/n. What I told you about that shit? I can't hear my stories when you do that," he grumbled.

"Well, hello to you, too, dad," I scoffed.

"What you doing over here?" he asked.

I furrowed my brows. "Am I not allowed to visit my father?"

He glared. "Not on a Friday without reason. You tryna make me keep them devils?"

"You mean your grandsons?"

"Same thing."

I rolled my eyes. "No, dad. They staying with Reggie this weekend."

"You want money?"

I shrugged, "It's not why I came, but if you're offering-"

"Nope. Not offering."

"Robert, who's at the door?" a woman asked, coming out of his room in nothing but a robe.

My first problem was that the bitch looked my age, maybe younger.

"Who the hell is she?" she asked.

"His daughter. Who the fuck are you?"

"His girlfriend."

"Like hell you is! Dad, I know goddamn well you ain't dating her," I said, turning to him.

She wrapped her arms around him with a bright smile. Strike two. "He is. Isn't that right, Robert?"

He grinned widely. "Sure am!"

"Honey, I need my nails done," she pouted.

He gave her the money without a second thought or a single complaint. Strike mother fucking three.

Now I was pissed. "Bitch, hold up! That's my nail money! Don't nobody run my daddy pockets but me! I'ma leave y'all alone, but let my daddy turn up with any kind of bruises. And God forbid he go missing cause, bitch, you gon' be next."

I looked my father up and down disapprovingly, then at his girlfriend. "Gimme this shit," I growled, snatching the money from her hands as I walked out.

I got back in my car and realized I'd snatched two hundred dollars which instantly brightened my mood.

"Oh, shit! I can get some more wine!" I said excitedly, immediately driving to the liquor store.

I bought four bottles of my favorite blend, deciding I'd spend the leftover money on cheap lingerie from Target.

I headed back to the house and put one of the bottles in the fridge and the others in the cabinet before heading to Huey's room.