༅ XXXI ༅

Kei and I were going through my closet together. I'd invited her over since I was getting rid of old clothes to make room for the ones I was about to buy.

I did it every year, which may or may not have been an obsession of mine, but I didn't care.

"Honestly, I've been waiting for the chance to raid your closet," she admitted.

I laughed, "Seems like everybody's favorite thing to do."

The doorbell rang and I went answer it, already knowing who it was. "I'll be right back," I said, getting up from the floor.

I opened the front door to find my best friends with huge empty gift bags and instantly laughed. "I hate y'all so much."

"Girl, move! It's a sale at my favorite boutique!" Za'Nyah scoffed.

"And it's cold out here, so can you hurry up and let us in?" Kalyani added.

I moved to let them in, "You icy bitch. Is that any way to talk to your favorite shop owner? Make me ban you."

"Uh uh! I was just playing!" she instantly replied.

I hugged both of them before leading them back to my closet. "Kei, I don't think y'all met yet. These are my best friends, NyNy and Kal. Y'all, this is Kei, Deion's late wife."

"Oh, you're the one with the cute baby boy! About time we met you, girl. Don't be a stranger," Za'Nyah smiled.

Kalyani, being the bitter bitch she was, wasn't so welcoming. "My bestie better than you, and since you was with her ex, I'ma act like we got beef." She looked at me, "I got your back, girl."

I rolled my eyes, "Kal, shut the hell up. It ain't no bad blood, and if you bully her, I'll beat your ass."

"Oop! Shady hoe," she scoffed.

I sat on my bed, "Y'all got fifteen minutes to get whatever you want before I start micromanaging

I sat on my bed, "Y'all got fifteen minutes to get whatever you want before I start micromanaging. And as usual, my shoes are off limits until I come in there. Go."

They practically sprinted into my closet like it was a real department store sale.

I set a timer and when it went off I got up to join them, "Alright, get y'all asses out the way."

I started setting aside the shoes I didn't want—and coincidentally enough, we all wore the same size. I stopped suddenly after noticing a small gift box at the back of my shoe rack.

"What's that?" Kei asked as I pulled it out.

I shrugged and opened it, finding old pictures and letters from high school. "Oh, my God," I huffed.