༅ XLI ༅

A knock came to my door during my free period. When I looked up, I saw the best friend.

I sighed, "Yes?"

"How was Houston?" Kayama asked, almost sweetly.

I raised an eyebrow and motioned her in. "It was good, but I can't say I expected you to ask. Especially since that was a month ago."

"Right... So you and Sho have been together a while now," she concluded.

"Eight months. What do you need, Kayama? I'd rather you just say it instead of wasting my time with small talk," I urged.

"I just wanted to know that he's treating you well. He doesn't seem distracted? Or like he's too sexually oriented?" she asked.

I scoffed in amusement, "Well, that's rich coming from you."

"I'm serious, L/n. Do you feel like he's giving you all of himself?" she asked sternly.

My smile faded after catching the urgent tone in her voice. "Yes. For someone who doesn't want us together, you sure are concerned with how well he treats me. Why?"

She walked over to one of the accent chairs, "Do you mind if I sit down?"

I nodded for her to sit, still waiting for her explanation.

"I started being a bitch to you when I noticed you and Sho flirting because I've known him since we were students at UA. And obviously, it's been years since then, but he's only ever actually been with one woman. He kinda just fucked without feeling in high school, and then after Shirakumo died, he met Ai."

I sat back in my chair and crossed my arms, "Why are you telling me this?"

She continued without immediately answering, "His and Ai's relationship started as just sex for him to get his mind off losing his best friend, then she married him for money, and everything went to shit. I know somewhere along the line, he fell in love with her, but it doesn't change their foundation, especially since she didn't feel the same."

"He met you, right before they broke up. And just like last time, the relationship started with sex," she said. I furrowed my brows at the misinformation, but still allowed her to continue. "I just didn't want what happened with Ai to happen again, so I've been a bitchy, protective friend over him. But if it's been this long and you still haven't budged, then clearly, me being rude to scare you off isn't working."

I chuckled dismissively, "Obviously, not. We've known each other over a year and our relationship has only been getting stronger. So now, what? You giving up? You're gonna be nice to me and support us now?"

She got up and came to my desk, "I didn't come here to be friends with you, L/n. I still don't trust you. And if you hurt Sho, I will, personally, make sure to come for you and your brats."

(🔊❤️)