9.

An abstract feeling

"Please don't disturb us during our business hours

"Please don't disturb us during our business hours."

Oikawa smirked at his friend, who was leaning against the front counter with his back against and elbows propped on it. Atsumu turned his head slightly to peek over his shoulder and stuck his tongue out at it.

"For your information, the person you're looking for is not here. His shift starts two hours from now." The brown haired man muttered in a boring tone. "I can be here for you, Oikawa." Atsumu breathed out loudly. "And I am aware, so shut up."

"Why, thank you! But I'd appreciate honesty more." Oikawa leaned forward on the counter and smirked lightly. "Shō-chan is pretty likeable, I'm aware."

"Mhm," Atsumu gave him a little hum, then sighed loudly. "I'm on my lunch break." His actions were seemingly meek for his everyday cheeky self. "I came all the way here just for your opinion so try to be reasonable? Be a little less snake-like." He turned around to face his friend.

Oikawa let out a dramatic sigh and supported his face with his hand and motioned Atsumu to continue. "This will definitely be about Shō-chan."

"It indeed is about him." Atsumu scoffed lightly. "I, uh, y'know I like Shōyō-kun. A lot." He added the last part bashfully. "And I am thinking, y'know- like, um, should I ask him out?"

"Why are you asking for my permission? What am I? your love guru?" The bookstore personnel looked quite offended. "But yes, yes- do as you please." Although he was acting nonchalant, he was quite looking forward see Atsumu struggle with everything.

Atsumu gave him a look of disbelief. "You are as useless as Kuroo and Bokkun!" He muttered begrudgingly. "Kuroo was so quick to dismiss my idea because according to him, I am not the ideal person for Shōyō-kun!" He air quoted the emphasised word. "And you know Bokkun, he usually agrees with Kuroo. And now you too are acting stupidly."

"Did I not agree with you? I think Shō-chan- he is, uh, he too enjoys your company?" The man grimaced at his explanation and then muttered an apology. "Just ask him out, okay?- but, wait!" He gasped lightly, recalling something. "I don't think the ball is in your court, mate!"

"Hah?! Why would you say that?!" Atsumu grumbled angrily, not understanding the mixed emotions. He couldn't recall anyone whom Hinata was into.

"There's this man- oh! The one you were out with that day... him." Oikawa pointed out with a frown. "The grumpy, tall blonde, you recall?"

"Uh, Tsukishima?"

"Yeah, I don't know the name." Oikawa scoffed. "Him. I've seen him with Shō-chan. They seemed- uh, close." He smirked, positively stirring the pot to make Atsumu livid.

"They were holding hands and wait!- they were standing right there-!" He pointed at the sidewalk outside the bookstore and chuckled pretentiously. "-looking at each other as if no one else existed. So yeah- that Tsukishima, you say, he might be your Shōyō-kun's potential love interest. I'm not confirming anything. You did not hear that from me!" He added hastily.