16.

Cute in sickness too

It is always said to expect the unexpected

It is always said to expect the unexpected. However, some things are too unnerving and sudden to actually register them.

The moment Tsukishima had left the room, Hinata had flung the blanket off him and sat up straight, the action he had immediately regretted as it only made him even more dizzy. His ears were ringing with his racing heartbeat.

Tsukishima liked him?

He was not purposely eavesdropping; however, a while back he had heard the blonde man blabbering something to himself and his constant mutters had woken Hinata from his slumber. What caught his attention was Tsukishima was actually scolding him, being concerned for him which interested Hinata. Thinking it would be better to secretly listen to him fussing over him and his well-being, he kept his eyes closed and happily listened to the man list out his worries.

He found the man really cute.

Nevertheless, things got a bit embarrassing for him when Tsukishima abruptly grasped his hand and brought Atsumu in his conversation. His heart had sped up when the man asked about his feelings towards Atsumu. It only increased when Tsukishima asked him about his type. What is with everyone asking about his type? First Oikawa and now Tsukishima. Do people fall for types?

Tsukishima's unexpected confession had a blush painted across his already heated face. He was thankful for his fever for masking the new warmth that took over him with it. He prayed that the man hadn't seen his perturbed state. It wasn't something he had ever imagined.

Tsukishima liked him!!

The thought itself was so foreign. Hinata always thought he was just some bothersome student to Tsukishima, and the man only stuck around him for mere entertainment. However, he himself admitted that he liked airheads.

What is with people randomly dropping their confession when he was least expecting such a thing? He didn't even know his own feelings and heart about the whole thing. The boy's relationships were definitely not the best ones and Hinata definitely had some commitment issues.

On the other hand, he didn't want to lie to himself. If anything, he was somewhat giddy to hear the man's feelings towards him.

Ugh. He was still feeling weak and hot all over his body and with the new information, it only grew. The raging pain in his head made his state worse. Concluding that it was better to leave Tsukishima's confession alone for the time being and think about it once he gets better. It wasn't even an official confession.

Much to his pleasure, Yamaguchi was there too, so it wouldn't be too awkward to face the blonde man.

Meanwhile,

"Where are you going?" Tsukishima grabbed Yamaguchi by his upper arm in order to stop him when he had started to make his way towards his bedroom.

"Uh, to see Hinata-kun?" Yamaguchi replied, looking unsure. He dangled the little bag of medicine in front of Tsukishima's face and smiled warmly. "This is for him."