19.

Puns

Walking back in the bookstore after three days was quite apprehensive

Walking back in the bookstore after three days was quite apprehensive. Just a look at the place and Hinata was getting cold feet. For the days he was sick, he had contacted Oikawa through messages rather than calling him. The man seemed neither friendly, like usual, nor too hostile towards him. Then again, how can he possibly judge Oikawa's mood by text messages?

Hinata felt like he was just running away from the odd situations. If he was dreading to enter the bookstore and face Oikawa, then he was downright petrified to contact Atsumu. His blank face from the other day had left Hinata in hysterics.

Even with his panic-stricken state, there was a hope within him that urged him to patch things up with Atsumu. Their fallen apart friendship really bothered Hinata. The redhead was desperate to mend things and go back into the same comfortable space they initially shared.

Convening every bit of courage within his body, the boy, with hesitant steps, entered the store and managed to smile at Oikawa. "Ooh!" Latter exclaimed cheekily, followed with a wry chuckle. "Look who's here!"

Oikawa's usual pert demeanour towards him helped to falter Hinata's crippling anxiety. "Hi, Oikawa-san."

"Well, Shō-chan, how are you now?" He asked with a smile, fairly genuine one.

"Better than ever!" The redhead replied with a happy grin, absolutely elated to again witness Oikawa's harmonious side. If he could he would have hugged the man; however, they were in the bookstore. . "My nose is still a tad runny, but no issues, I'll be wearing my mask!"

"That's a relief." Oikawa snickered. "Also, where's your number one enthusiast today?" Although his tone was teasing, there was a hint of bitterness laced up in it.

Hinata made a sound of confusion, eyebrows furrowed. His enthusiast? He is no idol, then why? "Uh- enthusiast?"

"Blondie."

The mention of the man had Hinata spiraling all over again. "Did he not tell you?" He asked quietly, looking somber. "We h-had a fall out. The other day... when uh, I fell sick- when Atsumu-san had dropped by- we-!"

"Not Atsumu!" Oikawa interjected quickly, "Do you really think I wouldn't know anything? I know everything." He muttered the last part in a knowing tone. "It's quite hard not to notice when things are cooking up right in front of my eyes, innit, Shō-chan?"

Hinata was perplexed by his employer's accusatory tone. He knew he had hurt Atsumu's feelings, but Oikawa's attributions were hinting towards something different. "Huh?" He breathed out, dumbfounded.

"The other blonde, four eyes. The one who drops by the bookstore just for you. The one who informed me about your fever." Oikawa gushed out spitefully.

Oikawa calling Tsukishima four eyes was rather hypocritic, when he himself wears glasses. However, Hinata chose not to point it out and fuel up Oikawa's rage even more. "Tsukishima-san?"